Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sensitivity Issue Icom 2200H  (Read 499 times)
NP3BA

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2008, 07:42:29 AM »

I bougth an Icom 2200H aboth 7 months ago and since a month ago I noticed that the recieved signals were about 2-3 s-units below of what they ussualy were before. I have compared this radio with an Icom 208H and using the same antenna it is about 2-3 s-units below. Its not the squelch attenuator that is turned off and I did a complete reset of the radio. I want to know if someone has had the same problem and posible fixes if possible. Thanks
W8NYY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 08:53:29 AM »

While I haven't had direct expereince with the 2200H the first thing I would check is my antenna system.  It may be that something happened there to impact your SWR which would also cause an attenuation of your signal.  You didn't mention anything about what kind of antenna you're using.  I had an issue once with water getting into the connections of my antenna which causes the same result.  A reduction in signal strength.  Of course it also had an affect on my outgoing signal as well.  If you have access to an antenna analyzer I would suggest you check that first.  The type of mount you're using could also be at the root of your problem.  Tell us more about your set up and we'll see if we can add any more helpful notes.  Thanks and 73,
Bob, w8nyy
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 09:53:37 AM »

Yup! I'd like to know what the antenna is too, and how/where it is mounted.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

NP3BA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 10:12:27 AM »

My antenna is a ARX2B from Cushcraft and the swr is 1.1. I have this radio next to a brand new Icom 208H and using the same antenna with both radios there is a diference of about 2 s-units in the same frequencies simplex and repeaters betwen the two radios. I have both radios one besides the other in my shack.  
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 11:54:55 AM »

I looked for a schematic for this unit, and couldn't find one. If I had one, I might be able to head you in the right direction. Of course, you can always send it to Icom.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 08:02:13 PM »

Does a signal generator say it meets spec?

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM
N2IK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 11:42:54 AM »

Ignore the S Meter. Are you satisfied that the weak signal performance is the same as it was? If yes nothing is wrong. If there is a loss of performance look for the cause. I suspect you will find a loose connection, water in the coax, bad ground or something similar.

Maybe it is just the leaves are now on the trees?

73 de Walt N2IK

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: