Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: installing mobile in '06 toy sienna.  (Read 384 times)
KI6LBE

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2009, 01:13:47 AM »

i have been looking for a "hole" in the engine bay of the van to route the power lead from the battery to the inside but there is no hole. The idea i just found is to carry a 12v battery inside the van to run the power to the mobile.
Q's: Does anybody drive the same vehicle as i do and found a "hole" in it?
  Is anybody carrying a separate battery to power up its unit just like i described? thanx
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 05:11:30 AM »

If you look very carefully (it's really hard to get to in the van series), you'll see an extra teat on the main power cable, pass-through, grommet. It is in the lower right of the firewall as you stand in front of the vehicle. It requires you to snip off the teat from the engine side. You'll need to pull up the carpet on the driver's side to get to the grommet. It is a double wall passthrough since it needs to be sealed tightly. What ever you do, don't probe it with anything metallic!

The resulting hole is large enough for a pair of #8 wires, but little else. If you use a RigRunner, the main power cable will pass through with some work. You'll have to attach the fuses afterwards.

If you want more info on installing and wiring, go to my web site and read up.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: