Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rotor repair  (Read 2062 times)
KW4MM

Ignore
« on: October 21, 2000, 02:43:56 PM »

I have a CDR model TR-44 rotor that needs repair. It will lock-up in the same location everytime.
I can't move the antenna until it has sat for a few hours (wind?) or sometime I can rock it back
and forth. I would like to try and repair it myself. Are there any repair manuals avalible for this
model? Any ideas or suggestions?  Thanks all.

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2000, 09:52:32 AM »

send it to "Norm's Rotor Repair", he's on the internet.He will send you a rebuilt unit for one fee(reasonable) and you send him your broken unit back, end of story. 73
NA9Q

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2000, 06:22:55 PM »

You most likely have a cracked ring gear. I have experienced the same problem with my HAM-III, getting stuck in one position until you rock it out. The ring gear is the large gear about 5 or so inches in diameter, internally toothed, that fits just inside the bottom of the bell shaped upper housing.  It is inexpensive cast aluminum (unless you buy the more expensive machined steel version).  I think the aluminum version is about $10 - $15 or so.   Easy to replace as long as you take care in the dis-assembly and re-assembly process and don't loose any of the ball bearings.  

Mike NA9Q
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: