Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please suggest a club around Glendale (LA) Califor  (Read 1882 times)
K9CF

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2002, 09:14:32 PM »

I have a friend across the country--Glendale, California--that is getting interested in amature radio.

Can someone suggest a club that is active in emergency comunnications and likes to elmer?
Thanks!
AD7DB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2002, 06:19:54 PM »

The San Fernando Valley Radio Club (W6SD) meets in the Northridge area. That may be farther than you want.
Their website is www.qsl.net/w6sd

W6MW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2002, 01:15:49 PM »

As President of the Crescenta Valley Radio Club, serving Glendale, I'd like to recommend our group.

Tell you friend that we meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month at Verdugo Hills Hospital (7:30PM).  

We also operate two open repeaters - 146.025 (+ offset and 136.5 hz PL) and 445.680 (- offset and 136.5 hz PL) that he can use to find out about the club, members, etc.

I co-sponsor a Field Day Operation with two other friends (KO6TD and KE6MMU) at Lightning Point Campground in the Angeles National Forest (6700' ASL) and anyone is welcome there also - it is not an official club event but a defacto one.

Hope to meet your friend either on the air or at an upcoming meeting!

73 de Mark
W6MW
w6mw@arrl.net
W6MW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2002, 01:30:30 PM »

Additional suggestion:  Emergency Communications for the city of Glendale is offered by the Glendale Emergency Amateur Radio Service (G.E.A.R.S.), made up of a subset of the Crescenta Valley Radio Club and the Pasadena Radio Club plus a few more.

G.E.A.R.S. meets on the third Wednesday of each month at the E.O.C. (under Glendale City Hall).

You can find a link to them at the Crescenta Valley Radio Club's website:  http://www.qsl.net/cvrc

73 de Mark
W6MW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: