Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northern VA clubs  (Read 2203 times)
KG4PES

Ignore
« on: September 12, 2001, 11:03:55 AM »

I am new to HAM and just recieved my Tech license.  I have found a few clubs on the internet in the area.  I am in Tysons Corner and looking for recomendations for clubs in the area.  I am very interested in satelite work and HF DX'ing

looking for a good elmer/club in the area

Adam
KG4PES
KG4IVT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2001, 10:04:33 PM »

There are several clubs around here.  I am sure none of them are dedicated to satellites but I am sure you can find people within them that enjoy them.  Two that come to mind are:
The NVFMA: 146.79, 146.91, 447.025 (PL 100)
GMRA: 146.88, 146.61

There's also the Mount Vernon Amateur Radio Club and the Alexandria radio club.  There are tons of them around here!

Like I said, I am pretty positive that most of them are not dedicated to satellites.  If you ask around you should be able to find someone that is and maybe even a small club that I failed to mention.  

Hope this helps!

Peter B.  KG4IVT
Great Falls, Va.
KG4NMC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2001, 02:38:35 PM »

Another club in NoVA is the Mount Vernon Amateur Radio Club (MVARC).  Their website is " http://www.mvarc.org/ ".  They meet over by route 1.  Guess that is the other side of the county for you.  The club repeater is on the George Washington Masonic Memorial in Alexandria.  Probably the best repeater site in the region.

One things of note with this club is that they do free testing once per month.

Good luck.

-- KG4NMC (Delbert)
K3SPC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2002, 10:21:47 PM »

On the subject of NVa clubs, many years ago there used to be a DC area 10m net on 28.547 called the Butterfly Net.  This thread has gotten me to wondering if it still exists?
KB4FLY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2002, 11:41:36 PM »

You can check with the Loudoun Amateur Radio Group.  They are out of Leesburg VA and the web site is http://www.k4lrg.org  

Hope this helps.

Mike   KB4FLY
W2BHK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2002, 05:41:52 PM »

There is another club in Maryland that meets in Rockville. They have a very good repeater on 146.955 minus 600 and is open. I am a member of this club as well as LARG in Leesburg.
Good luck, Joe W2BHK
Sterling, VA.
WA4LDA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2002, 07:33:34 PM »

Hey, I remember the Butterfly Net!  I was a regular for a while, back in 1975-76.  It was very cool, I thought, because you could pretty much call out on that freq any time of the day or night and someone you knew would be there to chew the rag.  I miss that, and wish it were still active.

-Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: