Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM 781 WITH BEHEINGER SYSTEM?  (Read 1838 times)
IK0OZD

Ignore
« on: August 31, 2002, 07:44:13 PM »

HELLO ALL
i have in the shack the 1124 eqalizer/ and compressor mdx 2200 like to know if in the ic781 is necessary any modify also if anyone work with this behringer/icom system know what is the best microfone for good audio
73 tony
W2WRX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2002, 06:21:35 PM »

Yes,it will work on that radio and you should have no problem using those external units to improve your station.You didn't mention what type of microphone you were going to use.You can use any studio or musical microphone with a preamp Mixer in with that system to broaden your frequency spectrum band witdh of your voice ,make sure you don't over do it(LOWS) on the EQ,cause it might go over the bandwitdh and be on anothers person QSO.
KA7GKN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2002, 08:07:07 PM »

there is no wrong mic....a mic can cost from $10.00 to beyond $$$2000.00!!!! you should ask dynamic VS condensor!
the 781 is an excellent rig, the behringer stuff you list is also outstanding! you should route your audio through the balanced modulator via the rear din jacks. the mic input does cut and limit some audio frequency response.
be sure to use balanced [xlr] cable and double shielded cable for the audio stuff.

for some interesting and informative discussions about fidelity audio, check out the websites of w3oz and nu9n.

if you can stop by 14.178 for additional help do so.
I use an ic-775dsp and behringer gear with an audio-technica dynamic vocal mic less than 50 bucks!
any other questions?
my e'mail is:     ka7gkn@arrl.net

regards, Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: