Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: creating a new high school club  (Read 1040 times)
KB9YTQ

Ignore
« on: September 09, 2002, 09:47:47 PM »

I'm in 10th grade this year in high school.  I'd love to start an amateur radio club but don't know how. There is an old rusty dipole at school, but I don't know if I could use it.  How do I get equipment? Got any suggestions?
73's
KB9YTQ
KD7GES

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 12:35:56 PM »

Chances are good that your school at one time had a club. I would start by asking a member of the teaching staff that has been at that school for some time, if they know if there has been a club in the past. If so there might be equipement boxed up and stuffed in storage someplace.

If you don't have any luck there, you might try asking a local club, if they would help you to present the idea to your school.
KG6KTZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2002, 12:40:28 AM »

i dont know how you can not start a radio club my firend started a ham radio club last year it was pretty easy to start the club plus we have a teacher that is also a ham and we have alot of support from local bands all you need to start a club is a few members and a teacher thats how it starts then go on to get radios and getting new members and stuff and make flyers for the school and what is also really cool is have t-shirts that say the clubs name on it and the persons call sign or the club call sign. and make sure you have fun

sincerely the president of the MCHS ham radio club
KG6KTZ
KB1INV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2003, 04:47:28 PM »

Alexander I was searching the web to look for some information on starting a school ham club up and was inspired by your message. I was hoping I could consult with you once in a while about the process of getting funds and how to go about with the process when I finally make the move to establish the club.

Thanks,
             KB1INV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: