Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clubs & repeaters in Houston, Texas area?  (Read 1053 times)
GRENDAL

Ignore
« on: March 26, 2002, 01:53:04 PM »

Hello all,

I am new to the ham radio scene.  In fact, I don't have a radio yet!  But I do have one on the way, and as soon as I get it I plan to listen to as much as I can.  In the meantime, I am learning more and about to begin study for my license.  I think it will be a fun hobby to get into.

So tell me, how is the Houston area and Harris County in general for hams?  I live in the Northside (Spring) and I will be using a handheld at 5/4.5W (Yaesu VX-5R).

Well, I'll just wait and see what I can find out Smiley

-Michael
KD5MMJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2002, 11:10:28 PM »

hey! I'm also from the Houston area. The area is full with many clubs and many many repeaters, I have about 20 of them programmed into my radio and there are still more!

Go to the ARRL website to search for clubs in your area.  I think the NARS club has some Spring members. The ARRL repeater directory is a nice thing to have to. Thats how i learn about most of the repeaters, and just in case i go out of town i can look for more.

Ramiro E. Montemayor
KD5MMJ
KB5LPA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2002, 07:02:47 PM »

If you live in Spring, go to the Houston Amateur Radio store on Cypresswood...near Spring H.S. Ask the guys in there. They will be aware of clubs in that area. Also, listen on 2 meters for nets that are on the air. You can get some info that way also.73
N5RVZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 03:55:53 AM »

Hey this is N5RVZ, I live in Spring also.  The entire north side is almost always on Simplex, 146.500.
Catch us there day/night.
Also, there is a NEW Houston Ham Forum at the following address....> http://www.houstonhamforum.com
AG5T

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 07:16:47 PM »

The Houston ECHO Society is an all-purpose type club and we meet once a month - we also hold field day at the American Red Cross. Check out our web site at www.qsl.net/echo or send me an e-mail at ag5t@arrl.net.
Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: