Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ayn Rand Radio Club - Any Interest?  (Read 958 times)
KI4KWX

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2006, 02:17:28 PM »

I wish to start a radio club with an associated HF net for fans of Ayn Rand's novels and philosophy.  The club would meet weekly on the air (more often if warranted) to discuss amateur radio and Ayn Rand's philosophy.

Since this is an idea in its earliest stages, any such club would need to have enough interest to warrant its formation, and people willing to act as club officers.  Potential members are advised they will have to possess GREAT patience with both the ham radio community and the public as it is expected the club will be unpopular.

Please post in this forum if you are interested.  If there is enough interest we can set up an HF sched to discuss in greater detail.

73 de N4PCF,
Bill Williams
KF5KWO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 07:18:45 PM »

I am a big fan of Ayn Rand!  I've read Atlas Shrugged, Fountainhead, We the Living, Anthem, and one or 2 more think.  It's been a long time though.  Atlas Shrugged was in senior year of high school (89-90).  Tried to get my wife to read it, but "it is too long".  Got her the cassette tape version, and she was only playing side A of the tapes, so she was missing out.  SHEESH!!!

Anyway, I'm interested.  Count me in.

73 de Jeff, KF5KWO
Helotes, TX
KI4KWX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »

An initial attempt to get the ball rolling, so to speak, will be held Wednesday, July 26th at 00:30 UTC during the regularly scheduled K1UKQ Ayn Rand Net (may or may not be defunct) at 14.272.5 + or - QRM.

73 de N4PCF
Bill Williams
KA3CTQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 11:51:34 AM »

I didn't read the post until the 29th, so I missed the net.

I am not a big fan of Rand (or any other author for that fact), but I do read alot. Maybe you should think about expanding the list and include other authors. This may attract others to the net and make it a regular book discussion net.

To keep your main focus, the first Wednesday of the month could be a Rand book discussion and the other Wednesdays (depending on how often you want to meet) would be other books.

Dan
KA3CTQ
KA3CTQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 11:53:28 AM »

Make that the 28th.

OOPS
WN3VAW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 10:55:47 AM »

But who is John Gault?  (And what's his callsign?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: