Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free web hosting for Amateur Radio Clubs..?  (Read 2728 times)
KE5BRE

Ignore
« on: February 20, 2007, 08:54:54 AM »

Hello there..!!

Does anyone knows how to get free Web Hosting for Radio Clubs...??

I'm aware of the QSL.NET site and I have been trying to contact Mr. Waller with no luck. The e-mail address (k3tkj@qsl.net) is returned as "invalid".

Our club is K5COM, "Texas State Guard 5th Air Wing, 447th Air Support Group Amateur Radio Club", located at Ellington Field JRB in Houston, TX.

C Flight "The Communications Flight"
http://www.txsgair.org/

Thanks.
VE3LXL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 01:27:13 PM »

I'm getting the impression that qsl.net has been abandoned. The servers are up and the sites that are there are still working, but no one seems to be at home. I've tried three times in the last six months to sign up for my free page there, and never received a reply. On the opening page on the left there's a link labelled "New! SCARC Visits QSL.Net" and clicking it takes you to a news item from four years ago. There's a broken link to an advertising banner on the home page. And I don't see any copyright notices newer than 2003. It looks to me like it has been abandoned, so I don't think you should waste any more time trying to contact them.

I don't know of any other web hosting sites that are specifically aimed at ham radio, but there are lots of general-purpose sites that offer free web hosting. Yahoo Geocities, Tripod, Netfirms, Google's Page Creator, etc. Just google for "free web hosting" and you'll find lots of providers. And if you decide to set up your club site using a blog format, there are free blogging sites like blogger.com (now owned by Google) and blogspot.com that you can go with.
WF5TX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:01:56 PM »

On a trial basis, I am offering free web hosting for a limited number of "community service" oriented Amateur Radio clubs or groups. Get the details at 73America.com.

Thanks,

WF5TX
K6REA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 02:46:02 PM »

how about 12.00 per year ?
i have an excellent hosting company.
i have used them for about 7 years and i have about 35 websites with them.

3ix is the name., and they are really, really good.
click this link to sign up.
get the one that is $1.00 per month.
http://www.3ix.org/sys/aff.php?aff=2201

Kevin
K6REA
W4PC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 05:26:57 PM »

Scott has taken over qth abd qsl..

QSL.net & QTH.net Announcement

December 31, 2008

Dear fellow hams,

After 13 years of providing hams with no cost web space, e-mail forwarding and mailing list services through QSL.net and QTH.net, I have decided to retire. All QSL.net and QTH.net servers and Internet connections at my home QTH are being turned down.

Scott KA9FOX has graciously decided to pick up where I left off, and he is in the process of migrating all services to new hardware. See below for an update on the status of the migration.

I want to thank all of you for all of your support over the years, and I hope that you will support Scott as he takes over the reigns.

See you on the air!

73 - Al Waller, K3TKJ
<k3tkj@qsl.net>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: