Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAMSter Weak Signal Group  (Read 8825 times)
N5XO

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2013, 04:38:43 AM »

If as a Amateur Radio Operator you have never experienced the thrill of making that first weak signal contact on VHF and higher then you are missing out on a great aspect of the hobby and an entire frontier of Amateur radio. Words can not express the thrill the first time you experience making a contact on VHF or UHF that is 200, 500, 600 or a 1000 miles away.

The HAMster Amateur Radio group is about promoting this exciting area of our hobby from 50 Mhz to 1296 Mhz. The goal is to bring Experienced Weak Signal Operators and Weak Signal "rookies" together. To encourage and promote weak signal operations, contest activity and contact weekends.

Do not fall for the myth that you must have a massive antenna system, huge amps and thousands upon thousands invested. A modest station with solid band conditions can work hundreds of miles with great consistency. My first 2 meter weak signal contact was 780 miles with a 100 watts and a stacked set of 13 element beams.

So come on, join in the fun and encourage your friends to take part in this very exciting part of our hobby.

BE PART OF AND HELP WITH THE PROMOTING OF SSB ACTIVITY ON 50MHZ AND UP

What is the HAMster Group ?

The HAMster's are an organization of amateur radio operators dedicated to maintaining high levels of amateur radio communications and promoting weak signal operations on the 6, 2, 1.25, 70cm, 33cm and 23cm amateur radio bands.

The HAMster's are an "UNCLUB" Group, we have no officers, no staff, no dues; however your volunteer help and donations are gratefully accepted. Our goal is to build a team of dedicated Ham Radio operators to help Elmer and promote weak signal activity and expand the number of operators taking part in this exciting part of the hobby.

WE SUPPORT A 2 METER WEAK SIGNAL NET OUT OF SAN ANTONIO TEXAS EVERY SUNDAY EVENING AT 6:PM ON 144.205 USB.

INTERESTED IN MORE INFORMATION:      http://hamsters.name/index.html#
N5XO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 04:43:18 AM »

I enjoy greatly HF Operation and have an extremely capable station for DXing and just setting back on one of the HF bands and having a nice long QSO really makes my day. However my true passion is for 6 meters and up. While I have been active on 6 meters since late 2007, it was a chance encounter and contact on 2 meters SSB with J.D N0IRS and followed right up with Dave N0IRC out of Kansas that got me solidly hooked. I was blown away with 790 miles on 2 meters. From that point on I have been hard at work building a 50MhZ and above contesting station. I am constantly in search of new grids on 6, 2, 1.25, 70cm and 23cm. I hope to work you very soon.

Todate I have enjoyed WAS and 14 countries on 6 meters, 38 states and 190 grids on 2 meters, 3 states and 27 grids on 1.25 {I just started recently on 222mhz}, 5 states and 73 grids on 70cm, and 2 grids on 23cm.

In my opinion Dxing and contesting on VHF/UHF is very exciting and if you have not tried it, please do it's an entire new world.

N5XO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 05:10:06 AM »

HAMSter Weak Signal Net

Every Sunday evening at 6:pm Central Time 00:00 UTC the HAMSter Weak Signal group operates a Net, we have had members check in from as far Kansas, Louisiana, through out central Texas, East Texas and South Texas. Listen for us and join in. You never know when the band conditions are just right.

HAMSter Net 144.205 at 00:00 UTC

Check out our web page and membership at:      http://hamsters.name/index.html#

Membership open to all Amateur Radio Operators interested in sharing and learning more about Weak Signal Activity.
N5XO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 08:21:15 AM »

Good morning,

This is your friendly reminder that it is Sunday, yes I know  you all do not have a calendar and need me to help you keep track of the days Smiley

Anyway, being a Sunday and all that means tonight at 6:pm Central Time 0:00 UTC, we hold the weekly Weak Signal Group Net

What:   The HAMSter Net
When:   Sunday at 6:pm Central time {0:00 UTC}
Where:   144.205 USB

Promoting Weak Signal Operation on 50mhz and up

Hope you can join us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: