Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mosley Electronics  (Read 1547 times)
WA7AW

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2001, 07:24:47 PM »

I have read several posts here about various companies.
They sooner or later send out the merchandise or refund
the money. Here is a situation where a company refuses
to send out the product, refund even a part of the purchase price or respond to inquiries about what is going on with the purchase agreement.
I have emails from many people who have dealt with this
company and have had similiar (although less expensive lessons) My experience has cost me over $6,000.00 so far. $5,0000.00 + for the product and $1000.00 + for
worthless legal advice. Mosley just won't budge and
do anything to resolve the problem. Please see this url
for details....
http://users.bentonrea.com/~wa7aw/tower/page14.html
W0AV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2001, 08:46:27 PM »

Hi OM,
Sorry to hear about your problem with Mosley.  If old Carl were still alive things would be different.  I knew him back in St. Louis pre WW2

If any part of this transaction was handled by U. S. Mail, I suggest you contact the Postal Inspectors office in your area.  They can be very effective, based on my past experience, and they don't charge a penny for their services.  They put the fear into rotten businesses about like the IRS does.

Good luck,

de George/W0AV
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2001, 02:24:07 PM »

Ummm, hows the new F-12 work?

BTW this same kind of thing has happened on previous occasions, with other reknowned (at the time) antenna manufacturers.

If it makes you feel better (it won't, but might make you laugh a bit)...my good friend and tower installer Mike WA2VUN purchased a Telrex tribander (I think it was a TB5EM) many years ago.  It, too, was advertised as plug & play, production-released, etc.  Thankfully, it was not $5000, but probably more like $600 or so.

When Mike installed the tower on his LM470 -- and Mike has installed hundreds of amateur antennas over 20-30 years -- it didn't resonate in any of the ham bands, either.  He called Telrex to discuss this and was told, "How long have you had it up?  Did you let it age a while?"  To which Mike replied, "I didn't know I was buying a fine wine here..."

Then, the Telrex officer asked him what kind of ham equipment he was using, stating that Japanese equipment often makes antennas work improperly and other such silly things.  The funny part is, that Mike was actually using American-made Collins equipment (not that this has anything to do with antennas, but it just makes the story funnier), and told the Telrex guy that.  So much for the "Japanese revenge" theory.

It turns out, since Mike is pretty handy with a climbing belt and holding tools in his teeth while adjusting antennas at any height, he really did get the antenna re-tuned and it took a great deal of adjustment to bring it into resonance.  But the story, as Mike told it, was so hilarious that I, who was listening on a two meter FM repeater while driving my car at the time the story was being told, almost ran off the road, I was laughing so hard.

I know your story isn't nearly this funny, but thought I'd try to cheer you up just a bit.  Telrex is long out of business...maybe Mosley's next.

73 & keep the faith!

Steve WB2WIK/6
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2001, 08:21:17 AM »

This is quite an interesting note about Mosley.  I have purchased a smaller beam from them that worked perfectly.  I also have a very old TA33 (original, not the M model that also works perfectly.  I have had to mail order replacement parts in the past and have always found their staff helpfull and reliable.

This sounds like an entirely different company.  It also sounds like both parties got off on the wrong foot and now can't back away from their positions.  Sounds almost like the bad part of 75 Meters.
WA7AW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2001, 11:44:34 PM »

This issue with Mosley and the Pro-96-S beam
has been resolved. mosley agreed to my proposal
of a settlement agreement and sent a refund
check on May 3, 2001. details can be found at
http://users.bentonrea.com/~wa7aw/tower/mosley.html
thank all of you for your support in this issue.
wa7aw
John H.
NS1R

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2001, 08:31:58 PM »

I am pleased to see that this situation has ended with both parties satisfied. I have followed this situation and feel mistakes were made by both parties. Since we are all human these things happen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: