Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Wireman still open?  (Read 5911 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 07:48:28 AM »

It's amazing how some people who throw the 'bad business practices' knife at the backs of some of these companies can't picture themselves at the receiving end of that knife.  Everybody makes mistakes--EVERYBODY!

These small mom and pop businesses simply can't process orders like their large competitors can.  If they don't use computers papers can still get stuck together.  As was said, if they do, one letter being wrong will show no order received.

It's a trade off.  Either you pay the cost and get exceptional service from a large company.  If you don't want to pay the cost and order from a small company, be prepared to 'pay the cost' in other ways.  Simple as that.  REMEMBER  -- YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!
SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 03:42:02 AM »

It's amazing how some people who throw the 'bad business practices' knife at the backs of some of these companies can't picture themselves at the receiving end of that knife.  Everybody makes mistakes--EVERYBODY!

These small mom and pop businesses simply can't process orders like their large competitors can.  If they don't use computers papers can still get stuck together.  As was said, if they do, one letter being wrong will show no order received.

It's a trade off.  Either you pay the cost and get exceptional service from a large company.  If you don't want to pay the cost and order from a small company, be prepared to 'pay the cost' in other ways.  Simple as that.  REMEMBER  -- YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!

Forget this joke of an outfit.  I only dealt with them once and from the poor experience I had, never again.  I use DX Engineering, never had an issue with them.

There is NO excuse for pure sloppiness!
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 07:09:14 AM »

Good for you.  All I was saying is that if you want to pay the lower prices for stuff from smaller businesses, that price reduction has to come from somewhere.  It's a trade-off.
SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 11:04:44 AM »

Good for you.  All I was saying is that if you want to pay the lower prices for stuff from smaller businesses, that price reduction has to come from somewhere.  It's a trade-off.

Well, good for you too.

DX Engineering is not any more expensive for antenna wire or transmission line than is Wireman.  At least not the stuff I bought.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 10:14:50 PM »

I just saw the Wireman last week at Dayton Hamvention 2013.Looked like they were fully stocked & filling orders as fast as they could go. I have been using my Wireman FLEXI4XL since 1994 & it's still going strong in this Florida sunshine.Press Jones sells a fine product at a fair price I think. Grin

Clayton
W4KVW
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: