Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM IC-R7000 Monitor Display Connection  (Read 1277 times)
TA2CEN

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2007, 04:21:30 AM »

Hi All,
I have a Icom IC-R7000 receiver. I want to use a Monitor Display (Scope screen) with this receiver. I have got Watkins Johnson SM9304A and SM1622 monitors. If you need I can send you more informations about monitors. I want to try receiver IF Output, connect to monitor input. Is this true? I need advise about this problem.
Regards,
Tolga ANIL
Ankara / Turkey
TA2CEN
W5JI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 08:07:07 AM »

The Icom IC-R7000 receiver has a 10.7 mHz IF output jack on the rear of the receiver just above the Ground connector. This signal can be fed into any panadaptor or other signal monitor with a 10.7 mHz input.

The issue is that the 10.7 mHz output has a 9 VDC component or bias level which must be blocked to prevent damage to most panadaptor or monitor inputs. Just be sure to place a capacitor in series with the output before connecting the monitor. A 0.5 mfd, 50 VDC capacitor or something in that range should be fine.

I do not recognize the two monitors you mentioned, but any monitor with a 10.7 mHz input should be compatible. The need for the DC blocking capacitor and possibly the need to attenuate or amplify the 10.7 mHz signal to match the monitor/panadaptor input specificactions would be the only issue.

I hope this is helpful....73.....Jim  W5JI
TA2CEN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 07:18:27 AM »

Thank you very much for your information.
73!
Tolga ANIL
EI6IL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 11:01:29 AM »

Hi Folks,
   Does anyone know where I could buy the TO-9 DC-DC convertor Transformer for the display unit on my ICOM IC-R7000 receiver.

Thanks,
Don EI6IL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: