Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mirage, beware  (Read 565 times)
N1GMV

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2002, 05:25:21 PM »

Ordered a RC-1 remote head from Mirage Amp off their website last September. After not receiving my product after a week I called, they said it would be a few more weeks. I waited another 3 weeks, called them again, they said it is still not ready.

I then Emailed them to cancel my order, I decided to build my own. 3 weeks later my check card was deducted the amout for a remote head and arrived.

I called them and they said to ship it back. Not trusting this company too much at this point I send it USPS with delivery confirmation.

Not seeing a credit on my account 20 days later I called, I was disconnected 3 yes three times. Then they said they never received it. It was not until I executed a tracking confirmation reprort and told them when they received it and at what time did they admit to having received it.

Now I am told that they only do returns on Wednesdays so it would be next Friday when I would be issued credit.

Well, I hope it is so.

BTW, I have all the supporting documentation and all my phone calls are recorded.

And companies wonder why they are hurting. We just can't afford to be ripped off any more!
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2002, 05:34:24 PM »

General comment: It doesn't pay to buy direct from manufacturers such as Mirage, Ameritron, MFJ, et al, et al, when their products are widely distributed for lower prices than the "factory direct" price.  Always.

HRO, AES, Texas Towers and many others discount the "factory direct" prices by 10% typically, and have 800 numbers you can call to "check stock."  If one dealer has no stock, try the next one, until stock is found.  

Strong recommendation: If _nobody_ has stock of an item, it's vaporware -- don't buy it.  Exceptions to this rule are "made to order" products like ACCOM amplifiers, which cost thousands of dollars and may well be worth waiting for.  But those are truly the exceptions.

WB2WIK/6
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2002, 07:03:22 PM »

Hi John,

fyi,

Using the bank check cards can delay your
account from receiving the credit due to you,
while at the same time you are debited asap
for the purchase amount.

The banks are pushing these products to keep
their costs down and while they act and look