Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VX-5R needs help  (Read 452 times)
N2OAM

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2008, 03:43:49 PM »

My VX-5R has gone somewhat deaf. Only hears very strong signals. I was thinking that the connection to the SMA connector was broken. Had my Standard HT keyed up about 25' away & the Yaesu could hear it. Removed the antenna & receive went totally away. Even unsquelched, there wasn't a hint of signal, just noise. Any Ideas?

I'm also looking for a repair facility that works on Yaesu HT's. Seems like all the highly rated repair facilities don't work on HT's. After a previous experience with Yaseu's repair facility, I'd rather throw it in the garbage than send it there!

tnx & 73
Bob
N2OAM
K2YO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 03:12:29 PM »

"I'd rather throw it in the garbage than send it there! "

Can you tell me what night you'll be putting out the trash? ;}

There's a couple of people who do radio repair down here on the island. If you can, get on the LIMARC technet on Sunday night and ask. They can point you to some good people. I doubt you can hit a LIMARC repeater from Mahopac, but they are IRLP connected and there maybe someone in your area rebroadcasting.

Bernie
N2OAM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 05:46:13 PM »

Thanks, Bernie, I'll give it a try. I'm a long time listener to K2RIW & the tech net. I'm up 760' ASL
& can get into the LIMARC machine without too much difficulty.

73 de bob
N2OAM
K2YO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »

Try looking up Hal, K6DPZ. He repairs radios and I heard him on the air today, but didn't want to ask commercial questions one the air. His QRZ record has an email address. He's also on the 850 machine often in the afternoon.

Bernie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: