Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: freeband / 6m mod on VX-6R?  (Read 13457 times)
XU7ADQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 05:04:47 AM »

To KO4TA;
Not teaching you to suck eggs, but, as no-one else seems to have replied, have you double-checked that all the solder pads which should be clear (open) ARE open?
I had the same prob with my VX-7 and it drove me crazy til I realised that a very fine thread of solder was bridging the gap which should have been open.
A razor blade and good magnifying glass will do the job.
All the best
Paul

XU7ADQ
(VDSR)
N0SOX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 01:14:58 PM »

Hi.  Wondering if after you did the solder blob mod you tried cloning or computer cable programming.  Friend of mine could not download databse from PC after he did the mod.

THanks 73 Glenn
KE1TIC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 08:32:50 AM »

Hi Will,

I'm reading an old post about modifying the VX-6R to 6m by removing the 4th solder blob.  

Two questions: How to find the blob & How do I remove it (what do I use to remove it).

Dave
KA1MDA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 12:52:30 AM »

"You know what, I'm just not going to worry about it"

With an attitude like that, it's quite clear that freeband was indeed the correct term for what he was looking for...
SSBER

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 05:56:30 AM »

No matter how legitimate a question you ask on these forums, you can be assured that some uptight neoconservative will lecture you on the morality of your experiment.  They are a bunch of screaming sissy's with no gonads.
K2FOX

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 07:00:32 AM »

I have owned a Yaesu VX-5R since the 1st year it was sold. I did a mod to it that allows me to receive on FRS, GMRS, VHF Marine, and I programmed a few NASCAR frequencies into it to listen to at a race in Dover. Glad to hear the mod was successful for you.
SSBER

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 04:31:13 PM »

Here is a link where you can get honest input on any kind of modification without being lectured.

http://www.copper.com/cgi-bin/discus4/discus.cgi
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: