Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: H&Y Electronics  (Read 12310 times)
BV2TU

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2002, 12:41:01 PM »

I purchased 1 CB amplifier from H&Y electronic recently, that's a very awful experience!!
Actually that's a special promotion, it's includes 1 shooting star 225 and KL-40.
After I placed the order, I almost wait for a month and I haven't seen anything.
After I phoned them, first time they told me there's a mistake, they asked me to phone back.
Few days later, I phoned back, they told me it's already shipped few days ago, I asked why, there's a service person finally told me "Because someone took that amplifier, and the amplifier was out of order".
I think they should have let me know early, because after I placed the order online, I even phoned them to confirm this order and gave my visa card number the second day. This is not the worst part. When I phoned them third time to  discuss the shipping shuld be less then they charged me, in the beginning they refuse to do that. I even told them I can report this on the internet. After a long conversation the service person can not make the decision( during the period they tried to offer me a next order credit, but who want to do the business with them again? I asked them to credit back to my visa card), they asked me to hold on and their boss want to talk to me. When their boss pick the phone, he just shouted "if you report on the net, you are out of business!!" , then hung up the phone rapidly, I even didn't have the time to say anything.
This is the worst company I have deal with. If anyone needs the document evidence of this order, I am pleased to prvide that. I will not deal with them again ever!!!
Until now, I haven't receive anything yet. Right now the only thing I hope is that I can receive the amplifier in next few days and foget this company for ever.
KE3HO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 11:21:23 PM »

I recently ordered two amplifiers from H&Y Electronics. The amps were shipped promptly, were well packaged, no problems at all.

Jim
WB8RLZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2002, 07:59:46 AM »

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN PRINT THIS ON A HAM RADIO SITE. HE HAD PROBLEMS BUYING AN ILLEGAL AMP FOR HIS CB SET Huh?
SOUNDS LIKE WAYNE GREENS WORLD......

BV2TU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2002, 11:27:47 AM »

CB AMP can use for HAM band(28MHZ). Why you have to pay huge money for useless function?

N7JI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2002, 05:52:48 PM »

Any company that sells CB amplifiers is probably not reputable anyway; the amplifiers are not legal for use ANYWHERE, even though you might be able to purchase them legally...

Therefore, it would not be surprising if you can't really trust a company that sells equipment that's illegal for use.

I feel badly for you, but let's be honest, are any of us really surprised?

Not really...

Scott  
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2003, 11:45:47 PM »

I have purchased from these folks several times.  their KL 500 is a 600 watt broad band amp and it works well to 40 meters and is prety clean as long as you don't over drive it..12 watts max..  these are made in italy as a ham amp by R.M.  they work fine on ham frequencies.

They do sell a lot of "illegal  cb amps" to anyone with the $ but they also warn the but it is illegal to use in the us on the cb band.  radio shack will sell you ham gear and not even give you that warning, and not ask fo you ham ticket either.  

these folks are here top sell equipment, who uses it for what is more the concern of enforcement.  I personally don't care if they use 15,000 watts on the cb band a long as they stay below 28.000 with their signal and their splatter.

Its the same as with a gun.. it just a tool, its how you use it that causes the good or bad result... not a problem for the tool either way... 73  tom N6AJR
GREGG2W

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2003, 04:57:37 PM »

Hey People, This "H & Y" Company is Selling all Illegal (CB) Amps Only. According to the FCC Rules 97.317 -
(1) an HF Amplifier Must be given a Grant of Certification to be legally sold in the USA.
 2) They will niot be legal or certified if the will amplify frequencies of 24-35MHz "out of the box", AND/OR they can be driven to their rated output with less than 40W of RF input.
  All the "H & Y electronics" amps are NOT certified for legal USA sales, & violate the above FCC regulation. While it is true that a licensed Ham can  "use" one on 10 meters if he has it, a dealer in the USA can't legally sell these not FCC approved illegal amps, even if they put a silly "For amateur & export uses only" disclaimer on their website. ( Imagine a USA Cigar store advertizing and selling Cuban Cigars, to anyone who orders them, simply because they put a "For export use only" disclaimer on their website!!)
KD4TWP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 11:03:19 AM »

ive had nothing but good times with them, a few times they even sent me stuff i didnt order! at first all they would do is ship fedex and that was not good becasue for a 3.00 item cost 8 to ship. so they came around and saw they where loosing money i guess now they ship usps also.

all in all they have treated me well
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 11:20:21 AM »

It is unfortunately a losing battle. These guys don't care about the IM or spectral  purity of their emissions or whether the amplifiers are illegal. It's all about the cost.
Ever wonder why so many stations- particularly the 10M SSB gang looks so horrible on a panadapter and sound even worse?

Dale W4OP
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 04:00:30 PM »

I hate to break anyones bubble, but you do NOT need a ham radio license to buy ham radio equipment, you do need a license to operate it. I bought all my ham gear and set up my station before I got my license (1954). It took me a while to build all that Heathkit gear. I did not operate it till I had my license. Any commercial RF power amp needs FCC certification to be sold to the public. There are a few stores that I remember were raided by the Feds and had there equipment confiscated and were fined. They are not allowed to sell any commercial or Ham RF amp that has not been type accepted by the FCC. It is not illeagle to buy one as an individual or even operate as a Ham, but you as a licensed operator must insure that it operates to FCC specifications, just as if you built it yourself.

73s

K2OWK
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 08:09:26 AM »

The legality of the CB amp, its spectrum purity and the FCC rules do not apply to the OP as he is in China!  Does that not seem refreshing someone in China will buy an American made product?
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 09:21:27 AM »

The legality of the CB amp, its spectrum purity and the FCC rules do not apply to the OP as he is in China!  Does that not seem refreshing someone in China will buy an American made product?

I don't see anything on the H&Y site that is American made- what amplifier are you referring to?

Dale W4OP
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 01:52:28 PM »

The only 'legitimate' amp I saw on the page was a Palomar.  I understand they are made in the USA. 
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 02:02:40 PM »

There were as many "Palomar" companies as there were CB amps. Who knows where they were made.
The amplifier on H&Y is a "Palomar" by Texcomm- whoever and wherever  they are. One thing is for sure- none are "legitimate".

Dale W4OP
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »

Here in the US.  But in China?Huh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: