Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interface FreqCounter to RockMite  (Read 690 times)
N0JXJ

Ignore
« on: January 24, 2003, 09:39:16 AM »

Hello!

I'm very new to QRP kit building, so might be showing my ignorance with this post, but here goes.

I have recently built a 40m RockMite kit, as well as the neat Stinger Singer morse code frequency counter kit from the AZ ScQRPions QRP club.  I would like to know how to inferface the freqency counter to the rig.  

It seems to me that there are two ways of doing it, one would be to connect via a coupling capacitor to the VFO/VXO, and the other would be to build an attenuation pad, and sample at the RF output of the transmitter.

I have questions about both of these methods.  For the VFO/VXO sampling method, where exactly on the RockMite kit should I be sampling?  I'm not sure exactly at which point in the circuit I want to be probing.

For the attenuation pad, what would be a good circuit design?  The counter can withstand 4v of RF, peak to peak, which is ~40mW at 50 ohms.  Clearly, the output power of the RockMite at ~300mW is too much for this.

Also, would it be possible to design something that would allow me to sample at the RF output, but to also leave an antenna connected for transmitting purposes?

Again, I admit to being a newb when it comes to all this stuff, so if anyone can at least point me to a manual so I can RTFM, that would be very helpful!

Thanks and 73 de N0JXJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: