Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6m has been spectacular for QRP operation  (Read 717 times)
K7VO

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2004, 03:00:53 PM »

I caught the tail end of openings last night and this morning and I can only wish I had been on for the whole time 6 was hopping.  In a brief time last night (about 35 minutes) from my QTH in North Carolina (grid FM05) I worked stations in IA, MN, SD, and ND, netting a new grid at EN03.  This morning I got a 59+5 report from W6ZI in Oklahoma in EM26.  All of this was done at 10W SSB PEP into a 3 el. beam at 30'

I did hear KB0KFF on 50.096 CW but when I answered him he went back to someone else and then the opening was gone.  Don't discount CW on 6.  You can make a lot of contacts you won't make any other way, particularly if you are a QRPer.

Anyway, it's been fun.  Too many QRPers concentrate on HF and forget that 6m can be fantastic as well.  While the only DX opportunities over the last 10 days were to the Caribbean it isn't impossible that better openings will happen this summer.

72/73,
Caity
K7VO
FM05tx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: