Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to eHam Forums!  (Read 5586 times)
W4AN
Administrator

« on: April 22, 2000, 04:53:51 PM »

Welcome to eHam Forums.  

You are seeing a first generation of this application.  We hope to greatly expand it's capability in the coming months.  Eventually we expect that you will interact with a given forum 100% via email or the web or a combination of both.  

It has always been frustrating to me to have to be subscribed to an active mailing list like TowerTalk@contesting.com where maybe 10% of the messages that get posted there are of interest to me.  Ultimately I unsubscribed from the reflector for this reason.  I read the archives on the web, but never contribute because I have to be subscribed to do so.  

Well, we hope to remedy the problem here.  We will allow you to subscribe to entire forums or individual topics within a forum.  When you want to make a post to a forum, you will be able to do so from the web or via email.  

For version 1 of Forums, you can view and post to a forum only from the web interface.  But you can subscribe to any topic within a forum and receive copies of messages posted to that forum topic via email.  

We hope you enjoy the forums application, and be sure to send idea for new forums to the forums manager.  ForumsMaster@eHam.net.  

Bill Fisher, W4AN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: