Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great! Now we're getting CB radio reviews.:-(  (Read 1697 times)
N0RKX

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2001, 08:37:55 AM »

Reviews section, August 2, 2001.

"This radio has some problems like , it will not stay on the last channel u were on when u turned it off.It goes back to channel 9 H band every time u shut it off.But it has gr8 modulation and it is really durable.I talked to japan from the fl keys with 4 watts and every day I have talked to the west indies.for the price it has some killer features like,coarse&fine clarifier also its got a 5khz shift the scan and dual watch are just awesome.all in all I would buy another.The rci 2950 is loads better but u could buy 2 sidewinders for 1 rci.also the 400 will run a power mic without batteries it powers the mic its self."

It's time for this site to stop the anonymous coward posting, require valid e-mail addy's and calls. The option to have an e-mail address viewable by all should be left with the poster, but a valid call should be mandatory.

How soon till we start seeing CB radio mods for 10 and 12 meters in the mods forum?

Kevin, NØRKX
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2001, 07:26:30 AM »

How about a hint as to what product this review was placed under? (a URL would help me a lot)

73 Mike N2MG
webmaster
N0RKX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2001, 01:43:11 PM »

Hi Mike,

I went looking for the review in question. It was originally posted in QRP radios but isn't there now. I do have a copy of the eHam webpage showing the review in the review section.

It turns out the Eagle Sidewinder 400 is a 10m SSB/AM rig running from 28.300 to 28.655. It's also a real popular rig for modding to 27Mhz. I've never seen it advertised in any Ham rag.

Thanks anyhow.

Kevin, NØRKX
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2001, 12:49:54 PM »

Probably already deleted by our Reviews guy - one of our vigilent and diligent staff of under-(no)-paid, overworked managers.

73 Mike N2MG
webmaster
K4IQT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2001, 08:38:28 AM »

We recently went through this in a Grand Prix Legends racing simulation forum, with people allowed to post as "guests", which is absolutely and truly allowing anonymous posters.  Over the last two years we had several really nasty situations develop with "anonymous forum vandals" posting crap, vilifying individuals, and going off topic to start threads about things other than our forum focus.

Several months back the moderators took the forum to a 100% registered mode, with NO anonymous posting allowed.  Since then the only troubles we have had with forum-benders have been due to a couple of registered members who are great contributors but are highly opinionated and verbose.  Know anyone like that?

I agree totally that totally disallowing non-registered posts is the way to go.  Otherwise the moderators are forced to attempt tracking unwanted anonymous posts via the IP address, which is usually set by DHCP servers and therefore useless.  Also, if only registered members are allowed to post the moderators' job is much, much easier.

If one of these "freebanders", as they seem to be called, registers and then begins posting CB crap or causing problems on the forum, simply send him a message that he is being banned from the forum and then delete his registration.  They sometimes return under other guises, but usually one or two bans drives them to other forums where their posted subjects are more welcome.

Seem logical?  It worked for us on the GPL forum....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: