Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another bug rehash  (Read 683 times)
K0BG

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2005, 06:35:23 AM »

I want to further explain a reproducible problem.

If I'm in the Mobile forum (any forum actually), and there are three postings. I look at posting A, then posting B, then posting C, but come up with an comment for posting A or B. Whether I use the back button, or the links at the bottom of the page to navigate back to the previous post, and I post an answer, when I click the post button, the answer goes to the correct post. However, instead of going back to the same post, the server takes me to the last post I looked at, in this case C.

I thought this was a problem with Safari, but it also does it with Firefox. I can reproduce it on my PC as well using any browser, so it isn't Mac related either.

It is really no problem except the system is SOOOOOO slow, it takes several minutes sometimes to get back were you started from.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

K5KTD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 04:57:04 AM »

This post is a test to check out the initial question in this forum.
K5KTD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 05:06:52 AM »

OK, I checked this out and here's my conclusion:

The posting method is POST a FORM and uses Javascript to handle all the posted info.

On the server side, the author wanted to return you to a specific page and they picked "last post in forum" or the equivalent in Javascript terms. Note that each forum is identified by a unique number, but that's the limit of the granularity.

I submit that the web page author chose to return the poster to last post in forum as a service to the poster...thinking that this is the most logical place for the poster to return if they had control.

I can assure you it's not platform related.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: