Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hams using the 11 meter band with ham equipment !  (Read 20645 times)
W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 12:00:12 PM »

Me thinks he is sturrrrring the pot about CBers using ham gear.
OLDSWAB

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 03:13:24 PM »

I;m sorry to say that these Hams are using equipment made for the Ham bands on 11 meter!! You can hear them discussing the different functions of their equipment and what they have as far as  microphones or antenna tumers and antennas. Also there are times if you listen they will brag on how much power they are running and,"Your are off frequency to me on this "--"radio. why dount you tune in with your claifier." You know that a CB radio is not suppost to have the claifier cut loose.  THATS A NO,NO!!
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 05:05:29 PM »

OLDSWOB...   Why don't you just get off the Chicken Band and get a ham ticket already?  Then you can complain about the CBers using CB rigs on 10 meters!
NE5C

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 04:16:14 PM »

John you're not wrong in my opinion (For what that's worth!) Your exactly right, The Law, is The Law! But then again there really are Pot Smokers and Cocaine users that will ask you..."Wow man...what's wrong with a little Weed?" "What's wrong with a little Booger Sugar?" And such is Life... as long as there are USERS there will always be those ready to Market and supply the DEMANDS whether they are LEGAL...Or NOT! I enjoy reading EVERY TIME...The FCC acts and fines some of these individuals, Free Banders and so forth. "Go Get Em Boy's and Make good EXAMPLES out of every one of em!"
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 12:22:34 AM »

The FCC stole 11 meters from us hams and gave it to CBers in the 1950s!  Don't ya think it's about time that they give it back to us?
KB5DPE

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 07:57:43 PM »

"The FCC stole 11 meters from us hams and gave it to CBers in the 1950s!"

Not exactly!  11meters never "belonged" to hams nor does any other band presently "allocated" for ham use.  Frequency bands are ALLOCATED (loaned) to a particular radio service, in the US, by the authority of the FCC for an indeterminate period of time and are subject to reallocation by the FCC at their will.  For example, the "ham" 420 to 430Mc allocation has been reallocated to the Land Mobile radio services, including Public Safety, in some parts of the country.  While I was still working, I regularly repaired hand helds on 428.xxxxMc belonging to a local police department.  Perhaps when this reality is understood, hams will be less resentful of those who now operate on previous ham allocations.
Tom
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 01:25:47 AM »

I understand.  Well "lending" 11 meters to CBers for the past 50 years has caused tons of chaos, so how about lending it back to us hams now?  After all, most of the CBers are on the freebands using ham rigs now anyway.
WR8D

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 09:31:06 AM »

People referred to as radio police = any ham that simply loves this hobby and its traditions and wants to keep it at least looking and sounding like amateur radio...."not chickenband". Nuff said about that one....

Frequency cops or police.....that's a hard one. Some net groups think they own a frequency so maybe they're the ones called frequency cops. Pay them no mind. If the frequency is not in use after we ask then simply use it. Never qrm a net or a qso like the chickenband/extra class of today does.

Imagine if we don't "police" ourselves like we always have in the past, and like we have been "taught" to do, what the bands will become?

I did'nt sink literally thousands in rigs amplifiers and antennas to be a dumbass cber or to sound like one either. I despise them getting an amateur license and then coming into the hobby hell bent on turning our bands into their version of glorified cb. This is exactly what most of them are doing too.

I've heard roger beeps on 20m and cb handles being exchanged between stations instead of amateur call signs on several bands. This is amateur radio and it's worldwide. We have rules to abide by...as well as time honored traditions from country to country that we all abide by. One would think that an extra class amateur would alreay know this, i guess there must be something in the water most of them are drinking. Maybe if G5RV would include instructions on proper operating proceedures these types could start to get the idea!!!

Either make the amateur license and become an amateur radio operator or just stay on cb. We don't need your cb attitude or any of you idiot operating practices on the hambands. We had enough problems with our own before you decided to come onto the scene.

Nuff said.

--... ...-- for those of you that know what it means!

John WR8D

WB6MMJ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2007, 01:10:29 AM »

As was said, they have done that for a long time now. But you are right. Ham gear should have no place on C.B.
  What gets me is that allot of these people who run C.B. have Ham licenses and they bring their bad operating habits along with the C.B. jargon to the Ham bands.
  I wish they would decide which side of the fence they are on. Choose a side and stay there.
KD8Z

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2007, 02:58:07 AM »

Hams are in part responsible for ham equipment being used on cb, in ebay you often see some silly statement by the ham seller like, "it is illegal to use this equipment on cb", or "it is illegal to use this equipment on any band without a license", or something like this that actually attracts the unlicensed, it does not always say "I will not sell this equipment to any unlicensed person."

Show me copy of your license!
KD4AC

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 04:01:53 PM »

"What makes you think that are licensed hams?
Why would they want to be on the 11 meter band?
Makes no sense..."

Sorry, I've heard CBers on 11 meters AND on "freeband" who admitted being an amateur radio operator...even describing their station down to the tower and HF antenna.  Just face it, amateur radio operators are hypocrites.  They bitch about operating practices of CBers when a lot of amateur radio operators are guilty of the same thing.
OLDFART13

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 03:25:27 PM »

Yup, all dem der ham operators are really just a bunch of hipocrit CBers.

10-4
SteveO
OLDSWAB

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2007, 02:06:52 PM »

I am the original poster and sounds to me that you have had some dealing with using "Amateur gear",  in the past. As I said in the begining,and will stick to what I say.Why does it still happen.I personally do not have any bad feelings twards the community of Amateur Radio Operators. They do a great amount of good things for our world. However me being a long standing 'CB'er" and "SWL'er" have heard and have been talked to with phrases like, Your off frequency, or when you going to get some good equipment, or get on frequency or I won't talk to you.  This occurs on theSSB end of the CB band very frequently.Now the same people have been known to say things about their own equipment that are not common in CB equipment. This continues on to when those same people will say just came back from XXX freq. and the skip was great. After that if you listen long enough you find out that when they are using that same equipment on lets say fourty meters and come back to eleven meters the will say ,"wait a minute I have got to retune". Now as for trying to turn them in.Every time I have written the F.C.C. nothing would happen!

Furthermore if you would listen on the "freeband and or the eleven meter band you might here some of you buddys yacking. Would you turn them in? Today with the vanity call letters how is to say that an oldtimer or a newby is chatting or calling skip? This is what I have said before and I will say it again. Should I purchace some good Amateur Equipment and start calling on you Ham frequencys would you check on my call sign to see if it was ligitimate?  How long do you think I could get by with doing that?  I do not hate the Hams or what they do. Here me out. I am still a CB'er and will be until I pass. I started back when the cakepans were the only five watt transmitter and I had a Morrow converter with power pack attached to a Halicarfter S-38-B. We had one channel and a push to talk switch.all of the swithing of antenna was done by hand. Yes we had to have a Amateur Radio Operator check out our equipment to make sure the input did not exceed five watt.  Now I hope this will let you know I'm not a junny come lately.  I built most of my antennas and untill they started comming out with superhet units I was very happy witht modified Radio Shack one channel tranceiver. That took some changing with a relay swith and ten extra channel sockets. Still had the receiver combo except used the car radio for the audio receiver. Put this unit in a car with a six volt vibrator supply and a buggy wipe one hundred two inch wipe. I think the longest distents I got on ground wave was ten miles. Now hows that for telling it like it is.
Jim, hope this is good enough for you answer. 73's
KD8Z

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2007, 09:28:15 PM »

In english please!
OLDSWAB

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2007, 09:06:06 AM »

Let me see. "Legal", we;ll I guess I have been legal since oh I guess around 1954. Thats when I started building electronic circuit and going into different electronic things that were not working and managed to get them going.It had to be about '56 when I got my Novice licence and built my first 6v6 cw transmitter. Had an old ARC-5 Receiver I got going with a home made power supply.Us old farm boys didn't have much money back then. My 75 foot center feed antenna run east and west from a two story farm house and I only had two crystals for 75 meter cw. band I had fun tapping out "CQ", and made I think close to 50 contacts.Well that transmitter was I guess legal. Found a good buy on an a 38-b Radio and made some more contacts. It had a cw tone built in. I had some buddys who were into Amateur radio and there dads were Hams. They allow me access to there gear on 75 Meter. Had a lot of fun. Now when I went into the Navy and was eventually placed on an Aircraft Carrier. I brought my 38-b onboard. At sea I could not use it because of radiation from the oscillator which could be seen 5 or 6 miles out.I guess that was Illegal. During my active duty is when I built my Radio Shack Tranceiver and a good friend in Boston who was a Ham checked it out and certified it. That was W1 teritory. Well I had to uses my call sign which was 18A at the time in 1W area.Calling it out as portable 1. That was legal. I keep that radio after I got out and found a job servicing Office Business Products. Changing cars made me get a diffferent radio made for 12 volt.Every moble and base radio were factory built and had no extra power. Didn't need it. On the road I only need ed road conditions. At home mainly base to mobile.Now I can't say I'm squeeky clean and I don't want to accuse you any wrong doing. But, If you are so against the "Freebanders and Illegal "CB'er", it seens that you can do more than me to clean up that problem. I noticed in an thread on what you had to say about the Classifieds that you have another question that seems to bother you. I wont go into that. I seems your biggest concern and also KD8Z is that I have no right coming onto a Ham run forum and saying anything about Hams that would tarnish their image. There are a lot of Hams who I respect as helpfull in their community and state. You seen to be one of those and I respect that. However since you are against all "Illegals" I suggest that you start turning in those that you suspect as not "Legal". You as a ham operator have more clout than I as a non licenced CB'er.   Think about that.  73's Ted      
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: