Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Praise: MPJA.COM  (Read 424 times)
N1GMV

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2002, 05:13:15 PM »

It is not too often you will find a company that is respectable and a pleasure to do business with. This one was great!

Marlin P Jones & Assoc. Inc  www.mpja.com

I was looking to reduce noise in my mobile so decided to purchase some snap on ferrite chokes. I went to my nearby Radio Shack and discovered that they now want $5 each for these! I then went on the internet and did a search for them and discovered mpja.com, they had the product for $1.75 each.

Ordered it and was not screwed on shipping. Wow, this company charged me an actual shipping charge!

When I received my package there was a mistake made, I was shipped someone elses product! I called and spoke with Marcia and she appologized for the mix up in shipping and promised that she would send out my order again which I received it 2 days later.

They shipped me a catalog, I can honestly tell you that if your looking to build some projects you should check them out, their parts are way less than your local electronics store even with the shipping!

My "Hats off" to them for excellent customer service.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2002, 05:37:18 PM »

This is great to hear!  A company that's not only nice to deal with, but has a catalog.  Worth keeping in mind, for sure.

BTW, the snap-on ferrite RFI filters like the ones sold by MPJA for $1.75 are $1.29 at Fry's Electronics Inc. -- many locations throughout the western U.S.  They're Steward Ferrite #28A2025-0A0 and hanging on hooks in all the Fry's stores, in the computer "component" area (near the cables, etc).  $1.29's a good price.

73 Steve, WB2WIK/6
KC8IMB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 08:11:10 AM »

I have dealt several times with the Marlin P. Jones Company and can truly say they get an A+. I've never had a problem and their prices are fair. One does have to keep in mind some of their stuff is surplus and being so it may go out of stock, forever. Nothing but praise on this end too!

Zack - KC8IMB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: