Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kid proofing  (Read 716 times)
KA1EZE

Ignore
« on: March 10, 2002, 11:20:07 PM »

I've got a nice new ic756pro... boxed! I want to set it up in a room with kid (3yrs) access, and all those buttons are too tempting.

I need to put a desk up, and a lockable roll top type  is what I thought of as an option for hiding the rig. I wonder if anyone else has done other things to hide rigs from curious fingers....

rick
KA7ENP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2002, 12:08:57 AM »

In my shack resides a fan ventilated, seven by three by four foot, 200 pound enclosed relay rack with a key lockable door that serves to keep the rig and all the necessary support hardware secure against tampering by anyone without an acetylene torch, gotten at a hamfest some years back for $25, all that it required to be made usable was the installation of a few wooden shelves. It's a little utilitarian and could stand another coat of paint but it beats using a gutted refrigerator for the purpose like an acquaintance of mine used, if aesthetics are not a major consideration for the enclosure keep an eye out for such bargains.

KA7ENP

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: