Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC-1223 Power Supply  (Read 1060 times)
KE4IZA

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2003, 07:46:24 PM »

I exchanged my Astron RS-35M power supply, which went defective, for the SEC-1223.  The SEC does not have terminals studs.  Since I have going to have to cut off my 3/8" spade connectors from my 2 power cords I was wondering how other who use the SEC-1223 got around this delima.  I know a pigtail from the SEC is the answer but what connectors?

Thanks
KC2GFS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 08:52:47 AM »

Do a google search on "Anderson Powerpole" and you will find a lot of info on how to make up pigtails and where to get the parts. You can also use the West Mountain Rigrunners if you want. I have adapted all my radios to powerpoles and use a rigrunner in the shack as an interconnect and voltage monitor. Now all of my powercords and adapters are interchangible which has been very useful in public service work.

N2IK (formerly KC2GFS)
KE5V

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2003, 01:32:47 PM »

Don't cut off your spade lugs. I have the 1223 too. I hacksawed the heads off of two bolts (had several nuts that fit), inserted the bolts into the PS and screwed them in tightly with the retaining screws. One nut sits flush against the PS on each terminal, the others hold the lugs on the radio cords. I now have two "regular" terminals. The PS has been running my KW 570, Yaesu 1500, and Yaesu 890 all hooked up at the same time for about a year now.
KE4IZA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 06:53:05 AM »

Never thought of do that!  

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: