Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigaparts.com website down?  (Read 848 times)
K5WLR

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2006, 06:27:03 AM »

Anyone else having problems getting into the gigaparts.com website?  I have not been able to get on for a couple of days now.
KX5F

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 07:23:32 AM »

Called there 1-866 number and got a recording from the phone co. HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 08:43:57 AM »

It's working as of 1643Z.

Lon - W3LK
Baltimore, Maryland

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
W2CSH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 09:32:44 AM »

Saturday morning and they are still down and there is a recording on the 800 number that says no longer connected. Looks like I wont be winning that Kenwood TS-2000 come April 28th.
W2CSH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 09:33:51 AM »

Saturday morning and they are still down and there is a recording on the 800 number that says no longer connected. Looks like I wont be winning that Kenwood TS-2000 come April 28th.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 04:33:28 PM »

hi,

The website could be just fine,
many other things along the way to
cause problems before the host site.

Construction could damage a cable
and that takes time to find the break
and dispatch dig and splice teams.

73 james
N2UM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 07:11:53 PM »

We're spending the winter in Roanoke VA at our son's house to get away from the frozen north.  I tried to buy a Kenwood filter from Gigaparts but they wouldn't accept my credit card because my shipping address was different from my billing address.  I said "Oh well...you lose" and bought it elsewhere.  I was just trying to support the Sweepstakes.  If they did that with others, I can understand how they could lose a lot of business.  I hope they're still around!
HA5RXZ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 02:21:31 AM »

Site working fine from Hungary.

HA5RXZ
K5WLR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 04:48:42 AM »

The website is back up this morning... might have been a problem with the internet backbone to SE FL.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 10:02:28 AM »

<<  but they wouldn't accept my credit card because my shipping address was different from my billing address. >>

There are many, many companies in just about every product field who follow this practice. It comes from having been ripped off by credit card number theft. Some companies wave this if you are a known, repeat customer.

Lon - W3LK
Baltimore, Maryland

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
NW4G

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 06:34:13 PM »

GigaParts.com was down a good part of Friday and Saturday due to a failing hard drive on our main web server. We took the opportunity to upgrade some hardware and software at the same time and it took much longer than expected... even with several people working round-the-clock. The toll free line was unaffected and we were processing orders by phone one after another.

As for the Sweepstakes, everybody was affected equally, so no adjustments were necessary. Cudos to those who were prepared with pen and postcard to enter by mail... we'll be sending those folks a gift  as soon as they're all processed!

The Diamond, Comet, Lakeview sale that was to end last week was extended through Sunday night.

Thanks to everybody for being so patient with us... it fills us with gratitude to know we're such an integral part of your community.

Sincerely,
George - NW4G
GigaParts Store Manager
866-535-4442 www.gigaparts.com
N4VNV

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 09:43:24 AM »

I get on it every day.  Have not had any problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: