Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Station control software: what would you recommend  (Read 649 times)
WY7I

Ignore
« on: April 19, 2005, 10:18:08 AM »

I have the ICOM 756 PRO II, an Alpha '87a, a Idiom Rotor EZ rotor controller and a SteppIR 4L yagi.
What I would like to do is to integrate the control of all these using software running on an IBM notebook using WIndows XP. Additional capabilities might be logging of contacts and related info from these devices (beam heading, etc.)

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
WY7I
AH6FC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 06:23:00 AM »

Obvioiusly there are a whole lot of great programs.  Might look at MixW, which does a good job of rig control, logging, and digital modes.  Cost is about $50.  Ham Radio Deluxe is a fabulous rig control and logging program.  Don't think it does rotor control, but I could be wrong.  It's free.  Really an amazing program.  Interfaces clusters, does satellite tracking, PSK, etc.  

Good luck

73's Bill
N5ZC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »

Paul:

Just saw this post.  TRX-Manager will handle all those items including the Steppir.

Rich - N5ZC
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 09:13:12 PM »

I use a 3 ele steppir , ic 756, ic-2kl linear, and use a CI-V cable to the computer for control. I use ACLOG  ( N3FJP.com) which does rig control and for a free program try Ham Radio Deluxe.. and they have a good telnet spotter, built in log, and a good psk31  and a program called superbrowser (SB) which lets you watch up to 20 psk31 signals.easy to set up

I don't know about the Alpha, mine is an old 76A manual tune, you need to get the board for rig control for the steppir if you don' alread have it, about $55 if I remember right.

I also had my ts 2000 on conrtol but don't use it much
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: