Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NO Returns No Refunds No Reason  (Read 426 times)
KC8YIU

Ignore
« on: March 12, 2004, 09:36:04 PM »

I made a purchase from CRS Communication on E-bay couldn't use and couldn't return live and learn.Buyer beware
WA5KRP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 08:43:12 PM »

Caveat emptor:  CRS is an acronym.  Can't Remember Sh*t.  Another snafu on the highway of life.

WA5KRP
N0XE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 02:54:54 PM »

If you buy on Ebay you need to read the terms, it is a shame but most terms are as is, no matter what, much of that comes from individuals who know nothing about electronics and probably have bought most of their items at estate sales. It is also a trend that you see more and more on the ham swap nets as well, although I try to stand behind all the gear I sell, I can also see the other side and have accepted that most items I buy in the future will probably be as is so it is up to you to try and minimize your risk as much as possible by asking good questions, trying to get good photos and doing some research on the seller. I start by getting good physical addresses, and good work and home numbers. Also checking Qrz'd bio info if available &  Ebay feed back is good and can help if they have an Ebay account and then I check the ham references sections on some of the swap nets, this usually is enough to make a deal with confidence but not always as nothing is 100%, Buyer Beware will always be with us, and never assume, ask good questions before you purchase. Sorry you lost out but you are dealing with a lot of private individuals and most will not offer any warranty.  73  N0XE
WC8I

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 08:17:01 AM »

This is also a complaint against a Richard Giles, from the UK he goes by the E bay ID of "STEAMROLLER" he purchased from me A module for a yaesu Tri-band  ft-726R transceiver, it was a low band module( 10 to 15 meters) that innerchanges with other modules, It was listed like new  and it was,But not new, I only pulled it out to view the paper work, pcs, etc. and pushed it back in the box, Now i listed it on e bay, the  auction number is #9744898122 please go there and read, this, In three areas I stated it was sold as is only,In the main body of the auction or details, if you will look it states "SOLD AS IS ONLY, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS"  in the seller comments it states( I TRY TO CHECK EVERY THING OUT THE BEST I CAN BUT IT IS POSSIBLE I MIGHT MISS SOMETHING) and in the sellers return policy on the bottom it states (SOLD AS IS ONLY, NO RETURNS , REFUNDS ETC. ) now how could this be more plain to Ebay,  paypal ,and Richard Giles from the UK, This is a no brainer, he purchased it as is,  I beleive he has done this to other hams,Paypal would not tell me if he has,  and scammed them, his address is 44 high town rd, luton , beds lu2 ode, Unided kingdom, If any one can e mail his call sign IF he is even a ham?? I would apprecaite it, I no there is tons of good hams in the UK, but this one is not one of them,  He has tied up $176.?? of my money in paypal, and he has the very expensive module that he is using right now.he used the cables as a excuse to get the module,  This is not fair , so buyers, and hams, beware of this person, hope this helps others not to get ripped off by RICHARD GILES OF LUTON, BEDS  IN THE UNIDED KINGDOM, AND GOES BY STEAMROLLER ON E BAY.
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 05:15:04 AM »

eBay is primarily an auction service. Most all sales are final UNLESS the buyer specifies something different. Not the seller's fault that you "can't use it" so he is supposed to take it back because you made a bad decision?  Department stores and big box retailers will take returns, but the average personal seller or very small internet retailer, does not and should not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: