Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balanced line passthrough?  (Read 643 times)
WA4UF

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2006, 01:10:17 PM »

I've got to come up with a means of passing feedlines through a concrete block wall, in a spousally acceptable manner (ain't that ALWAYS the sticking point?!).  The coax feeds are no problem - I've gotten a bunch of SO239 barrels long enough to pass through the wall and land on faceplates in the living room.  The balanced lines are another story.  I was thinking about drilling holes and passing parallel sets of threaded brass rod through the wall, inside rubber tubes for weather/bug sealing.  Anyone else tried this?  (Oh, and before you suggest the old "board in the window" trick, that's right out because the windows are going away in favor of french doors :-) ).
AI4NS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 08:38:02 PM »

Why not put two PL-259's on your ladderline and connect to two thru wall SO-239 barrels? Do the same thing inside, and you are set. Just use the center pin on each connector.

Mike
AI4NS
AD5X

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 07:43:29 AM »

Rather than putting PL-259s on your ladderline, bananna plugs on your ladderline will plug right into the SO-239 center sockets if you use UHF feedthrus.

Phil - AD5X
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: