Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grounding in an Apartment  (Read 1099 times)
N2VPC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 04:07:26 PM »

Clamp to water & steam pipes.  Sometimes sprinkler pipes are grounded as well.
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 10:04:16 AM »

Rather than an FAQ, if the Search function in the Station Building forum (or others for that matter) worked better we could use that to search on key words. I tried apartment and ground and nothing came up, not even this thread.

Maybe just a better search would allow people to find topics that have already been posted.

My 2 cents.

73, JP, K8AG

You should have used the Search box on the Forums main page.  That way you'd be searching across all forums.  If you do that for apartment, grounding, 2nd floor, you'll get tons of posts and tons of info.  The original poster's question was not necessarily a simple one also since he didn't provide a lot of details.  A little preliminary investigation would enable him to ask more detailed questions and skip over the same old same old discussions.  Keep asking away and you'll get the answers you desire; you may need to do a little work but we'll all help you.

Phil  KB9CRY
N1BHH

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 01:17:13 PM »

I also operate from an apartment. I'm on the second floor and use an off-center twinlead fed 60 foot wire. No it's not a windom. The best groung I have is thru the electrical wiring of the building. I connected a wire using a spade lug to the body of the electrical box in the wall to a similar connection to the tuner (MFJ945C) and one to the radio (IC751A) and have no problems other than too much RF for my computer to handle on 20 meters. I do get into my computer speakers on other bands but this is due to close proximity of the two, only a foot away. My wire antenna is only 15 feet high and works great, despite being against the building. I can work coast to coast on 17 during the day and 40 meters at night. This is just an idea of what I have going on here. Hope you find it's not too hard to get a decent ground.

Clyde N1BHH
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: