Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: digital clock  (Read 841 times)
KC0SXB

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2006, 05:01:37 AM »

Does anyone have a source for a simple, inexpensive, desktop digital clock with a 24 hour read-out? Most of the clocks offered by radio equipment suppliers seem to be overkill. All I need is a 1 1/2 inch (3cm) readout like I have on my nightstand.

Thanks  
Mike KCØSXB
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 06:56:53 AM »

Try Radio Shack or Wal-Mart
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 11:50:56 AM »

The MFJ-107B

(http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-107B)

It is a very small 24 hr clock with large digits, that sits on my antenna switch right now.  I think it was the first Ham Radio item I bought so I could log stations I heard using my brother's Zenith TransOcianic.  They also make one that has two clocks in the same holder so you can have local time also.

Clint - W5CPT
KG6ZWD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 09:38:54 PM »

I saw a nice and inexpensive one at Ikea the other day. I would have bought a couple but they did not have any in stock. I will be checking back.
KF5KWO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 01:04:38 PM »

The Discovery Channel store, found in many malls, has a neat 24-hour clock plus date, alarms, indoor/outdoor temperature readings, wind speed, and wind chill.  I have it by the radio.  The outside unit is very small and mounts easily, comes with a long, thin cable so you can place it properly.

73 de Jeff, KF5KWO
Helotes, TX
N3BIF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 09:42:29 AM »

How about downloading a 24 clock to your desktop?
KC0VCU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 05:28:42 AM »

I am pretty sure the clock on Macs can be set to display 24 hour time. And I have set up at least one clock on the display of my Linux boxes to display 24 hour GMT/UTC. I am not able to configure the clock that Windows XP displays to show a 24 hour clock, though that is likely to be possible as well.

Using the Gnome desktop in Linux, you can set up a panel specifically with both local and utc clocks, however I have not figured out how to increase the font size for the clocks to achieve that desired 1 1/2" display.

-Rusty - kc0vcu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: