About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help  (Read 687 times)
KD8FDD

Ignore
« on: December 30, 2007, 06:52:27 PM »

I am a 14 year old ham and i got a ft-100d used. It works great on 10m. I am a teck studying for general
I need help on setting mic/gain and any other small things that I need to know to have a clean signal. And if any one knows if there is a mic for under 20 $ pls let me know. 73's
K0XU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 03:53:47 AM »

You can use about any dynamic mike on it. You need a real 6 pin phone plug with pin 4 to ground, pin 5 to mike audio and pin 6 PTT. Start with mike gain set to around 50 (both SSB & FM) and go from there. Get a local on 2 meters to set the FM on a simplex freq and someone on 2meter ssb for the ssb setting. If you don't have a manual it can be downloaded on line. If you can't find it let me know & I can send it. files run 5meg for pdf manual & 32 meg for pdf tech manual. Nice little radio.

Jim
KD8FDD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 05:07:43 AM »

Thanks I have my ssb mic gain for 50 and perfect audio on 2m fm is 25 Thanks for helping me out.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 03:15:52 PM »

Mike gain setting is pretty easy on most rigs.

I close talk the microphone (mike within 1" of my lips) in a normal voice and adjust the gain for a slight amount of ALC activity.

If talking into the microphone from six inches away creates output power on SSB, you've got the gain set too high.

The "right" setting for most rigs is to have normal PEP power when you close-talk the mike, and for that to drop off sharply (like down to "nothing") if you move back from the microphone a few inches.

People who operate with the mike 6" or a foot away from their mouths usually have the worst possible sounding audio.

WB2WIK/6

KG6WLS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 10:05:52 AM »

<<RE: help  Reply  
by WB2WIK on January 1, 2008  Mail this to a friend!  
Mike gain setting is pretty easy on most rigs.>>

::Is it a Mike, or a Mic.?

(the other Mic.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: