Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! new LDG at100pro and Yaesu FT897d problems  (Read 1362 times)
GHDUTCH

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2008, 10:41:42 AM »

..anyone have one of these connected together.
..just connected the tuner to my set and put the 2m attenna that was working fine on the yaesu to the tuner and when fired up can't raise anything on 2m thru the at100.
I must be doing something wrong?
from the tuner to the radio is the coax from the back of the at100 Tx to the HF attenna connector on the back of the radio, and the 2m attenna is connect to Ant1 on the back of the AT100.  Reset the tuner to factory defaults, but I can't get any 2m reception thus far.  Switched back the 2m antenna to the radio directly and receiption was back to normal.  
Is the AT100 a good combo, should I go for the auto tuner for the 897, or what might I be doing wrong.
Any ideas would be certainly appreciated before i put up the new g5rv van gorden antenna I purchased with the aT100 Pro.
AI4NS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 11:03:15 AM »

The tuner is only used for HF. Your 2M antenna will connect directly to the 144/430 connector on the radio.
The tuner connects with the jumper cable provided from the HF connector on the radio to the input of the tuner. Your HF antenna connects to the tuner. In your post you said that when you connected the 2M antenna directly to the radio, it worked. That is how it should be. Sounds like you should be good to go. Enjoy

Mike
AI4NS
AI4NS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 11:06:07 AM »

The AT100pro tuner has multiple antenna ports to support using a variety of HF antennas. For example, your G5RV will be connected to one port and used for HF. Another port can be used for a dedicated 6M antenna, which you would need to work HF, since the G5RV won't work well there. You can also have a beam antenna for a few bands of interest, and use a dipole for the rest and for local QSO's, etc.

Mike
AI4NS
GHDUTCH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 05:49:55 PM »

thanks a trillion for clearing this up, do you feel the LDG AT100 Pro is a good match for the FT897d?
NA0AA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 11:40:58 AM »

The LDG tuners are a great HF and 6 meter match for the FT-987.  I have the AT-100 Pro and the New 11 pro and both work just fine with this rig.  Provided you feed it with the right output.

KE4GRP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 01:18:52 PM »

just out of curiosity, why didn't you get the AT 897 Tuner, made for the Ft 897?
KE4GRP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 01:28:54 PM »

just out of curiosity, why didn't you get the AT 897 Tuner, made for the Ft 897?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: