Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 897D Microphone Problem  (Read 794 times)
VK2AWZ

Ignore
« on: March 08, 2008, 10:19:24 PM »

I found that the Optional DTMF Yaesu microphone I bought causes troubles, that do not occur with the supplied no frills mic.  ie Keying up on 28 megs locks the transmitter ON    Is it RF feedback?
The no frills one does not do that!

On 80m I get severe distortion and breakup, making the transmission unreadable, but the no frills is good audio.

I have seen other references to these problems and wonder if it is wide spread or any fixes.

73 de Dave VK2AWZ
KI4WCK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 06:13:32 AM »

Did you set MIC SEL setting to RMT?  That's menu option 59. That needs to be set before connecting the MH-59 mic.

73's
VK2AWZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 03:05:14 PM »

Yes I did do the Mic Install and it does all the things it is supposed to!  Another VK I know has the same problem and is writing to Yaesu
73 de Dave
NK5G

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 10:56:52 AM »

I am not familiar with the 897, but it sounds like you have a similar problem that I had with the 857. The DTMF mic is hot on the audio. I had to set the SSB mic gain to 2 as I was getting ALC spikes and reports of broken audio. I set the FM mic gain to 20.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: