Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casement Window passthru ideas  (Read 1303 times)
KB8HOC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 09:22:13 AM »

Wow I haven't checked this thread in a little while. I didn't know how many replies there were! Thanks everyone! The window is an Andersen casement window. They are double pane. I don't really want to damage the existing window too much, since someday I'll have to put it back when I sell the house. The windows appear to be manufactured in a way that replacing the glass is not a trivial exercise. The best way to go is a hole through a mortar joint and into the wall with a box on the outside. For domestic happiness reasons that's not going to happen very soon (or until she owes me one, at least). I am going to look at using a piece of small teflon coax with connectors on both ends (excellent idea!) or even the copper strips and just go out the window with that. A friend here at work also suggested that I keep my eye out at builders' surplus places for a window, modify that, and keep the original. Also not a bad idea.

As for going up through the attic and out the roof, That's what I'm doing with my loop. I have the coax going up through the wall into the attic, then out the gable vent to my 160m horizontal loop. I also want a put a vertical in the back yard, which is why I'm exploring getting coax out the window.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: