Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mystery HF Beam  (Read 1013 times)
W5JMC

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2009, 05:33:27 PM »

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what type of HF beam this is?

Thanks!

r/John
w5jmc

http://tinypic.com/r/21o4md3/3
http://tinypic.com/r/209nckn/3
K0RS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 08:56:17 PM »

Looks like a Mosley TA-36.
WB5JEO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 09:23:24 PM »

I looked at that first, but it's the wrong number of elements, not their boom to mast mounting method, looks like different element to boom hardware, different element tapering, and what looks like a feed arrangement to what I take to be the 10 meter driven element. Are those blue maker labels on element 4 and the apparent main driven element supporting tube?
K0RS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 09:46:42 PM »

Gerald, you're right.  After looking more closely there is an entirely seperate three element 10m beam interlaced with what appears to be a three element 15/20 meter duobander.  Very novel.  I don't know what manufacturer did that.  Wilson?  Or maybe Telrex?  Again the element mounting hardware looks wrong for either of those.
WB5JEO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 07:40:38 AM »

What is the pyramidal object mounted under the antenna?
WB5JEO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 02:37:02 PM »

You might be right or getting warm. It has a lot in common with a Wilson SY36, including the element mounting and number and function of elements, and what could be something like their beta match. No boom guy, although someone might have done away with it. And it has that driven element tube that Telrex used but I didn't think Wilson did. And there look to be too few sections of tubing in at least one of the 10 meter elements for the SY36, at least the 1979 version. Close enough it could be a mod. On the other hand, what looks to me like labels could be Telrex labels, but they would sure have held up well if they are still on there today. I'd suspect it might be from the same era. There seem to be fashions in how to multiband a Yagi.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: