The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NON PAYING HAM IN OHIO WX8JDM  (Read 5278 times)
K7FF

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 09:56:02 PM »

Turn off your caps lock please...
IT IS THE SENDER'S CHOICE AS TO HIS USE OF UPPER OR LOWER CASE, NOT YOURS.  VISUALLY IMPAIRED AND SOME OTHER INDIVIDUALS MAY FIND IT EASIER TO USE ALL CAPS. 

IF YOU FIND IT ANNOYING, SUCK IT UP OR JUST MOVE ON.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 05:42:18 AM by K7FF » Logged
K7FF

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 10:20:51 PM »

I WILL TRY ANY MEANS TO GET MY MONEY FROM WX8JDM BUT EVERYONE SEEMS TO LOOK AFTER THE SCAMMERS
COLIN

PayPal may have erred by prematurely notifying you that its resort to buyer's back-up funding was successful and your reasonable reliance thereon.

You might consider filing a consumer complaint against PayPal with the California Department of Consumer Affairs/State Attorney General.  Do a Google for the information you need.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:07:30 AM by K7FF » Logged
KD4QFT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 11:08:04 AM »

WHY OH WHY SHOULD I TURN OFF MY CAPS LOCK
MANY OLD FARTS ON HERE WITH BAD EYE SIGHT
THINK ABOUT THE AVERAGE AGE OF A HAM
YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND YOU DO WHAT YOU THINK IS BEST AND SO WILL I
THESE FORUMS SHOULD KEEP TO TOPIC IN MY OPINION
GOOD DEALS AND BAD DEALS
NOT WITH PETTY SELFISH POSTS
COLIN
KD4QFT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 11:15:27 AM »

THANKS FOR INFO K7FF
I AM WAITING TO SEE WHAT THE INTERNET FRAUD SQUAD SAY
THEY WERE VERY GOOD AS SAID BEFORE IN 2012 WITH KI6UP
ALSO THE FCC SAID A HAM LICENCE COULD BE REVOKED FOR THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR.
OK4FX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 11:44:30 AM »

I'M SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE - IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION. I JUST ASKED POLITELY.

My eyesight is far from perfect too, but I found that CTRL (Command on mac) with PLUS on numkeypad or CTRL plus mousewheel is much better for text readability than whole paragraphs in caps lock.

Be aware of hams who have more posts here than QSOs. They are internet theoreticians. :-)
K7FF

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 12:45:34 PM »

WHY OH WHY SHOULD I TURN OFF MY CAPS LOCK
MANY OLD FARTS ON HERE WITH BAD EYE SIGHT
THINK ABOUT THE AVERAGE AGE OF A HAM
YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND YOU DO WHAT YOU THINK IS BEST AND SO WILL I
THESE FORUMS SHOULD KEEP TO TOPIC IN MY OPINION
GOOD DEALS AND BAD DEALS
NOT WITH PETTY SELFISH POSTS
COLIN

RIGHT ON!
K7FF

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016, 12:57:31 PM »

I'M SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE - IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION. I JUST ASKED POLITELY.

My eyesight is far from perfect too, but I found that CTRL (Command on mac) with PLUS on numkeypad or CTRL plus mousewheel is much better for text readability than whole paragraphs in caps lock.

Non sequitur.

You did not 'ask politely', you issued a curt command.

BTW:  What are Internet Theoreticians? Is it something you just made up? Something akin to Conspiracy Theorists? Or, perhaps, something to confound and confuse the unwise and unknowing?  Come on dude, give us a break. . .
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:12:46 PM by K7FF » Logged
KD7SKY

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 01:44:52 PM »

So, back to the PayPal thing...

I thought I read somewhere that the seller in a PayPal transaction is only afforded their full range of "protection" if selling on Ebay and only if the seller follows a specific set of steps in the course of selling their product.

I do have a PayPal account and an Ebay account.  However, I don't use them a lot, and when I do use them it is only for smaller-ticket items ($300-$400 max) where I won't be totally screwed if I get ripped off.  With amateur radio stuff, I don't sell on Ebay.  I typically sell on Craigslist or one of the ham sites and I only accept money orders.  I won't use PayPal for those sales, and if a potential buyer is unwilling to use a money order as payment, that is their choice and they are free to buy from someone else.  I won't harangue them about it, I'll just wish them best of luck and wait for the next offer.
K1WJ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 02:43:13 PM »

Ebay and paypal Suck ! Cry
K7FF

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 04:24:39 PM »

I find it ironic that for years I found it extremely difficult to sell my ham stuff here on eHam.  I had ceased using PayPal and eBay because of a very unpleasant experience I suffered.  And then, because I would only accept Postal Money Orders as payment, I was called a thief, scammer, crook, bogus, not a ham...well, you get the drift... by eHam trolls who to this day never bought a thing from me.

Recently, it seems that some of the more astute eHammers have figured it out that they were missing out on a good thing, not only with me but with other quality sellers with good stuff but who also only accept Postal Money Orders.

Sometimes, irony can be a good thing!

Derek
K7FF
K9CTB

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2016, 08:57:43 AM »

You guys really need to get over this "I'm offended by the caps lock" stuff.  This ain't an "internet chat room" and some people require capital letters to make reading easier.  As for "paypal" and other internet money-making scams, caveat emptor.  Sell something?  Got the payment in your hot little hand?  Ship the thing.  How simple can it be?

K9CTB
K7FF

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 10:12:26 AM »

You guys really need to get over this "I'm offended by the caps lock" stuff.  This ain't an "internet chat room" and some people require capital letters to make reading easier.  As for "paypal" and other internet money-making scams, caveat emptor.  Sell something?  Got the payment in your hot little hand?  Ship the thing.  How simple can it be?

K9CTB

This is starting to get closer to reality.

What a significant number of Classifieds users fail to realize is that the best guarantee is to only buy stuff from sellers who have been around the block more than once.  If you see a seller on a regular basis, yet you never see any legitimate complaints that he is a thief or is scamming people, that is the guarantee you should be looking for.  That is your only assurance that you will receive what you paid for.

If the seller is willing to take PayPal or only a Postal Money Order, that is his choice to make.  If you can't buy that, walk away.  Recently, I had someone who did just that.  Although I have NEVER cheated anyone here on the Classifieds or elsewhere (although I have been the victim of such on a number of occasions), he put his trust in PayPal along with the bogus words of the classified trolls, he chose to walk away.

I follow my own advice.  Without hesitation, although we had never done business before, I recently sent a Postal Money Order to Paul, K9UWJ, for several hundred dollars for something he listed on eHam Classifieds.  Why?  Paul had been around the block before, and I never saw anyone complain that he had done them wrong.

As expected, I was more than pleased with what he shipped me, and the whole experience was most pleasant.

Years ago, before I became 'disappointed', I had amassed 1,600+ eBay seller transactions with 100% positive feedback.  NOT ONE FILED AN EBAY CLAIM AGAINST ME.  NOT ONE!   A perfect record...what?!

There are many guys on eHam who explicitly say they know and trust me and don't hesitate when they see I have something they want.  

What better guarantee can you get?  Does PayPal guarantee that you will be happy with what the seller ships you?

Derek
K7FF

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 04:11:56 PM by K7FF » Logged
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 05:02:35 PM »

Never had a problem with either one and think both are great.  Over 300 ebay transactions and Lord knows how many PayPay transactions, as lots of places besides ebay accept PayPal. I will concede though that if you are careless in reading the ads or paying attention to the feed back, you could run into trouble.  With PayPal, someone requesting funds sent as "Family" should be an alarm too.
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Today at 02:34:06 PM »

Just because a seller has been around the block a number of times DOES NOT MEAN that he can be trusted.

1.  The sales may be completely bogus and feedback posted using hacked passwords.

2.  Fake sales may be "MADE" to "ACCOMPLICES" who automatically leave positive feedback.

3.  In the classic PONZI scheme, the first ones are the ones who get out intact.

4.  The sales may be valid but they may be what's known in retailing as "LOSS LEADERS".  In other words, the scammer
     unloads a bunch of gear at a loss to get "GOOD" feedback and then turns around a pulls off a massive scam.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: