Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UPS Lousy, Untruthful Tracking and Delivery  (Read 15988 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 08:21:47 AM »

I have a good delivery person who almost always gets me my packages on first try.  He told me one day that they are so pressed for time occasionally--and almost always during holiday seasons--that they take three things with them to the door for packages needing a signature.  The package(s), the tablet log that the signature is collected on, and the post-it tag that they leave on the door if they aren't able to deliver.  He said they ring the bell and then fill out the tag.  If they finish the tag before the door is answered, they leave the tag and leave--and that takes them 20 to 30 seconds.

Considering that some of those guys work 12 to 14 hour days during the busy seasons, it comes down to one thing--the company looking to make their money no matter how hard pressed the delivery people can be.
VK6IS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »

It took 48 hrs to get to the USA.  First stop was Atlanta, then Fort Worth, TX.   Then back to Atlanta.  Three days ago it showed up at the hub 20 miles away,  the webpage said it was scheduled for delivery that day.  Well, the UPS truck showed up at 11:00 am.  He stopped in the driveway, and sat for about 5 minutes, then drove off.   The driver never got out of the truck.

so, he was filling out the tag, whilst in your driveway - did you complain??
- or run down the driveway, shouting $%#@^&
 Grin

BTW - they will only delivery to my post office - never to my house - regardless of what the address actually says .. ..
- that's when stuff is ordered, - from the USA.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:48:07 PM by VK6IS » Logged
N0JYC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 09:53:04 AM »

W0BTU Mike -

How should you ship your stuff?  You have choices - FEDEX, USPS or UPS -- you
take your chances.  All I said is that in this instance when nothing was sent, but they
issued a tracking number, they were lethargic in their response and investigation.  They
provided no assistance at all in the fraud investigation.

Rick
N0JYC
W5WSS

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 01:48:51 PM »

W0BTU Mike, Why question N0JYC post relative to UPS and their complacency?

Excellent service rises to the top.

Good competition has a tendency to light fires.

KE5TJT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 01:11:24 PM »

If anyone cares, I've had good luck with UPS for almost 20 years. Never had issues with tracking. In fact, many times I've had "estimated delivery" dates, and the package arrived a day (and sometimes 2 days) early. I have a great driver here, he gave me his cell phone number and if I need him to just leave a package somewhere I text or call him and let him know and he does just what I ask.
WD5NOT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2014, 04:04:40 PM »

I too had my problems with UPS I sent a radio to Alinco in Hayward Ca for repair. It was supposed to be delivered on 10/16/2014 but for some unknown reason it was held at the Hub. So when I attempted to get a reasonable answer as to what happened there was none. (imagine that) Even after I spoke with a supervisor, I still got no where. I told them I paid to have delivered yesterday not today 10/17. I was also told that I would get a refund on my shipping costs due to their incompetence. (another lie). The person at the UPS store stated that he was not in any going to refund my shipping so no problem I just disputed the charges with my Credit Card company and i will have to go from there .  I will never use UPS again . I will take my chances with USPS
KG0DB

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2014, 01:21:07 PM »

Another nightmare with UPS..............  If a package weighs less than two pounds their protocol is to deliver the package to the USPS for delivery.  The problem with that is the "handoff" from UPS to USPS typically takes about four days.  Then you get to enjoy the incompetence of the USPS added in on top of the initial delay.  None of this is disclosed when a purchase is made and the "shipping" charge is calculated.
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 03:13:49 PM »

I will agree with the untruthful BS they feed people. I had a package in route to my home, one that is easy to find and the driver coded into the on line system (incorrect house number - it was 100% correct), then when I inquired, it was changed to "requires adult signature - it didn't), then it was this, then that and finally sent back to the shipper as the driver didn't want to travel to our area and deliver so I ended up not getting anything, I disputed the CC transaction, got my money back the shipper (seller) got his item back.  The store changed their shipping policy to now use Fed Ex.  Not much better, but what a pile of crap, one lie on the other and no one held accountable.
N1EQ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 12:50:12 PM »

If a package weighs less than two pounds their protocol is to deliver the package to the USPS for delivery.  
Wrong. They only do this when the shipper uses UPS SurePost.

The problem with that is the "handoff" from UPS to USPS typically takes about four days.
In my experience, it only takes one extra day. And half the time, UPS will deliver it themselves, if they're in the area, instead of handing it to the local PO.

None of this is disclosed when a purchase is made and the "shipping" charge is calculated.
So your merchant didn't notify you that they're using UPS SurePost. Hardly the fault of UPS.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:03:09 PM by N1EQ » Logged
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Today at 11:50:18 AM »

I must have the only good UPS driver around.   Grin Grin Grin
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: