Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Idiom Press  (Read 14947 times)
K7FEL

Ignore
« on: August 07, 2014, 01:50:05 PM »

A while back I bought an Idiom Press CMOS-4 keyer.  Excellent product and prompt delivery.  Based on that experience, in May of this year I ordered a Rotator Illuminator.  They immediately charged my credit card.  It's now August and I have heard NOTHING from the company.  I've called and left messages and emailed repeatedly.  Are they still in business?   Thankfully it's only $12.    On another note, I tried twice to post a negative review on the eHam review site for the rotator illuminator.  They were not published so the perfect score of 5.0 wasn't tarnished.  What good are filtered reviews?   No way to run a railroad!
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 09:29:03 PM »

Use the "Search" link at the top of this page to see the bazillion threads about "Idiom." You probably should have done that before you ordered from them.

EHam has a controversial policy of rejecting reviews that don't focus on product quality.   
WB7D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 09:54:14 AM »

Sad This is odd.  Last year (2013) I ordered the Rotor-EZ kit and received it within a few weeks.  It was missing a few parts and I tried to contact Idiom Press but got no reply as all of you have done, so I ordered the parts myself.  I didn't see these posts at that time of course, I am surprised that I got it at all.  I had a lightning strike at my station and the Rotor-EZ took a hit so I tried ordering another one and of course I received the Invoice and started waiting assuming that it would come as it did the last time; but, of course nothing.  Several weeks went by so I started emailing then calling no response.  Then of course I found this thread.  I used eHam to look for the rotor controller and assumed that they would check out the business they recommend but now I see they don't.  So if anyone finds this thread I want you to know that you should not order from this company.
AB7R

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 07:43:42 AM »

I imagine your product review was not posted because you did not actually review the product.  There is a section on Company Reviews.  That is where the review should be posted; not for the product that you did not get.

If you got the item and had specific comments to make then it likely would have shown up in the correct section.

Greg
AB7R
KA1J

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:44:08 AM »

I have to add my comment to this, I ordered one of the LED adapters for the tailtwister. Since it was so little money, I just sent the $11 cash figuring to put a stop check was not going to be worth the effort. In addition, I was thinking of getting the rotor mod for my tailtwister and I wanted to see how the LED kit was before sending bigger bucks.

It's been a month now, haven't heard a thing; no reply to my email and nobody answers their phone with the default message saying the answering service hasn't been set up yet. Looked at QRZ to reach W9KNI or W7GH but conveniently there is no email for W9KNI and the one for W7GH is at idiom press who isn't responding.

Should have looked here first, didn't think I needed to.

I'm only out $11 but am saddened to find such schlock behavior from a company selling to hams. I only had this kind of experience with a ham once before and that was back in the 90's with Ham Heaven in IL who took my money for a tower, never delivered it and closed shop afterward.

Gary
KA1J
AB7R

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 08:03:30 AM »

It would be nice to see magazines like QST and websites to refuse advertising for these lame duck companies.

Greg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: