Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Excellent service from several ham radio dealers!  (Read 53 times)
K9RE

Ignore
« on: Today at 04:58:07 PM »

I am just getting back on the air after a long period of activity, so I needed some equipment, antennas and supplies. I would like to express my appreciation for several ham dealers who did a fantastic job for me!

My first acquisition was a new Kenwood 2m rig for the mobile from HRO at a very reasonable price with free shipping. The rig arrived in perfect condition in just a couple of days and works perfectly.

Then I bought a used ICOM all-band rig from AES. I was delighted to find this great little rig, which covers from 160-2M, at about half the original price. They shipped it right out, and it also arrived in perfect condition with all of the various components packaged in their original boxes. I could hardly tell that it had been used! I am a long time AES customer and have always had great service from them.

Upgrading and replacing antennas was my next project. I wanted to get something up quickly before winter sets in, so I ordered a Hustler 4BTV from AES. It arrived the next day in perfect condition. They went to the trouble of attaching a lightweight piece of wood to the box to serve as a stiffener to prevent it from being crushed. I was so impressed that someone would take the trouble to do that!

Finally, I wanted to get a radial plate to simplify the job of attaching radials to my new vertical, so I searched around the web and came across the DX Engineering radial plate. This thing is a work of art; it is beautifully machined and highly functional. I also bought some other accessories from them to make my installation easier, and I'm glad I did. What amazed me is that they packed everything in a box that looks sturdy enough to survive a trip to the South Pole with copious amounts of good quality bubble wrap (not peanuts). The people at DX Engineering were very nice to me on the phone and they shipped everything out right away, allowing me to get on the air for the November SS.

I can't say enough about these dealers; they are all good guys to do business with!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: