The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fair Radio Sales - possible website security problem  (Read 478 times)
K5QED

Ignore
« on: May 24, 2016, 01:06:09 PM »

Greetings to all,

Just a heads-up on a possible security problem with the Fair Radio Sales (Lima, OH) web site (www.fairradio.com) :

Yesterday I placed an online order for several items from Fair Radio, and set up an account which included the credit card information for the card I used for payment.

This morning I received a call from the issuing bank alerting me to several "suspicious" transactions on my card -- seems that several "Google Pay" transactions had been charged to that card since my online order.

I called Fair Radio, who advised me that the charges for my order had not yet been processed pending packing up the order for shipment. I provided another card number and asked them to use that one to complete the order, as I was planning to cancel the apparently compromised MasterCard account and get a new card.

After I called the CC company back to dispute the charges and request a new card, I again called Fair Radio to let them know that I suspected that their website had possibly been breached.

Now I have no way to know for certain that the problem is with the Fair website, but it certainly seems to be the most logical explanation for what has happened.

If you happen to have an online account with Fair Radio, you might want to double check for any questionable transactions against the card that is on file with them.

Thanks,
Charles
K5QED
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: