Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elecraft- YES  (Read 4262 times)
N4HAL

Ignore
« on: October 01, 2013, 11:39:07 AM »

I've had an Elecraft K-3 that I put together about 18 months ago and it worked fine until this weekend when my cw keyboard quit working. Sent them a note. Got back several responses as we tried different things. Finally came down to check the center pin for 5 volts and if not present check solder joints and the input filter choke. Choke was open, asked how to order and the cost. They advised one would be in the mail today.
What other company will help you trouble shoot your equipment and forward parts at no charge at 18 months after purchase? They have my support good will and promotion!

Bill -N4HAL
N7KFD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 07:45:09 PM »

Bill - I totally agree, I built a K1 several years ago specifically for camping trips and it still runs great. Fun, easy build and a ton of options for such a small radio. I don't have any experience with customer service but they make a fantastic product!
N2ADV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 01:17:02 PM »

I have never seen another company respond to inquiries as quickly as Elecraft.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 11:36:03 AM »

I've dealt with most of the big amateur radio companies and NONE of them come close to Elecraft.  Elecraft's products are spectacular to begin with and their customer service is just as good as their products.  It seems like everybody I've talked to at Elecraft over the years really enjoys what they're doing and that is VERY rare in modern corporate America.

Last week I called Elecraft about a few questions that I'd accumulated over time and how best to remove a stripped screw from the top rear of a K3. About a 1/2 hour later I received a phone call from the gentleman I had just spoken to and he said he was personally curious about whether I could remove the stripped screw by just removing the right side panel so he spoke to a technician and he said the easiest thing would be for me to just drill out the screw.  He said if I damaged the threads to the block the screw couples with to just send him an email and he'd send me a new one at no charge. No, it's not an expensive part but the radio is 5 years old and other companies would charge. Also, I never expected the customer service rep. to call me back with more detailed information so that's why I'm adding my experience.

At some of the amateur radio firms I've dealt with the employees were outright rude and condescending and yet I'm helping to pay their salaries by buying the products their companies sell?

Elecraft has something very special going on.

Chris  NU1O
K3LRH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 03:57:47 PM »

....I don't own any Elecraft products but it sure sounds like a great company with excellent customer service.  "Something very special going on" for sure.  Maybe someday.

73 to all.
K3LRH in "Delawhere?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: