Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Happened to HamCity.Com  (Read 2059 times)
AB7AB

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2009, 11:53:21 AM »

Hi,

Was surfing my favorite ham web sites and checked in to HamCity.Com.  Received a page that said:  "Account for domain www.hamcity.com has been suspended."
Double checked and received the same message.  Did
they forget to renew their domain name?

73'

Gary/AB7AB
AB7AB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 01:50:12 PM »

They are back on-line as of Monday 1/26/09

Gary/AB7AB
N0IWK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:38:24 AM »

The Website says They are "Suspended" as of 01-27-2009

If you see their stie showing up it may be from your browsers cache.

Try clicking reload or refresh and you will see
"
H-SPHERE
Account suspended

Account for domain www.hamcity.com has been suspended
"

I tried calling but I Guess they are not open yet 9:34am CST but their Phone system with a Message for Hamcity and 2 or 3 other company's still answers.  
Phone 310.390.8003

Hope this Helps.

73'

Kevin N0IWK
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »

2149Z, the site is alive and well.

I navigated all through it with no problem.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:52:43 AM »

When a site is suspended, it's due to 'black listing' by their ISP.  Many reasons here why an ISP could black list.  Most common is when a virus attacks a system and it starts spewing SPAM.  

Like hair dye; Only their ISP knows for sure....
KT4WO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:53:08 PM »

I wish I had read this 1st,,,, I ordered from them monday(feb-16th)... took 24 hr to respond to an email.. 2 days to ship.. and I paid for 2 day shipping... so.. wasted my money on the 2-day shipping as I needed it my wed-18th...
btw..I ordered at 10:15AM THEIR time.. so ..no reason
it should not have shipped the same day.
I always use HRO.. my mistake...
Don't make the same one I did!! if you need it
fast.. or even a response via email fast. You won't
get it from this CO.
Never again.. back to HRO.
KT4WO
N6KCW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 05:00:33 PM »

Thomas Carswells Order w/ hamcity.com
Placed on: 02/16/09 Monday 10:27am (Presidents Day)
Hamcity.com was closed on Presidents Day
Hamcity.com emailed Thomas on Tuesday morning 02/17/09 9:51 am informing him his order will be shipped that day.
Customer sent a complaint email at 6:38pm which is after office hours
However we still responded 4 minutes later to resolve the matter at hand w/ the email below...

Sent: Tuesday, February 17 6:42pm
Subject: RE: order
Importance: High

Hello Thomas,

I apologize for the delay, our office was closed yesterday in observance of President’s Day. On a normal weekend, it would have went out yesterday and you would have received it tomorrow. I will request that your package be expedited, but every time I attempt this with UPS I’ve had little or no success. I’m very sorry about this. As soon as you receive your package, please email me directly and I will issue a full refund on shipping. Unfortunately I cannot do this until your package has been delivered.

Best Regards & 73,

Jeff @ HAMCITY
KE5ZIX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 08:44:50 AM »

Their website is off again today as it has been the last few days.  Not sure what is going on but I did get the cable and software today that they had on backorder for me last week. However, it was the wrong cable (Serial instead of UBS) but I can make it work. I hope they are not going out of business, their prices are fair and I never had a problem with their sales/customer service.  Times are rough and with them being in California, that makes it even harder.
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 09:22:33 AM »

Never ceases to amaze me the childish foot stomping you see on here. Some people really need to grow up (kt4) If you think you can do better then go start your own ham radio business.

Today their site says this here:

UPDATE - February 26, 2009, 10pm PST:

Thank you again for your continued patience & support! Sometimes during bad situations, even positive things can result! Our hosting company, or soon to be ex-hosting company, has yet to find the unplugged power cable laying by the box of jelly donuts. As a result, the guys and one girl at Hamcity have been working feverishly to expedite the launch of Hamcity v2.0. That’s right… Veeeeee Twoooooo Point Ohhhhhh! We had plans to launch this site at the end of March with more fine tuning, but have had enough and decided to go live now with our new site and new hosting vendor! Our estimated time to launch is Friday, February 26th, by 5pm Pacific standard time. We hope to see you soon! Wish us luck!!!!

February 26, 2009, 12pm PST:

Our hosting company has recently moved data centers and as a result our site is currently down. We apologize for the inconvenience. We're working as fast as we can to get hamcity.com back online. If you would like to place an order, or for product pricing, please contact us at 800-882-1343, or sales@hamcity.com.

In the meantime, if you are absolutely bored and interested in winning a $20 Gift Certificate from Hamcity, go ahead and send us an email (sales@hamcity.com) about why we should choose YOU to win! Nothing depressing please, just something to put a smile on our face!

Thank you for your patience and understanding!
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 02:13:47 AM »

GREAT job on the new site.

https://www.hamcity.com/store/pc/home.asp

Real nice. I'll be ordering alot more now.
KD8KBW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 05:36:49 AM »

Thanks for that new link. I just got my General (AG) and was looking for for a new rig for HF. I've done business with them before and was well pleased.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 06:27:46 PM »

Contrary to the theorists teaching Marketing 101 ...

The customer is NOT ALWAYS RIGHT!

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 03:04:03 AM »

"Why do we stay in business? Because it's the 100 to 1 POSITIVE comments we receive from our customers over the years. We work for them, not the cranky, constipated ham who needs to lighten up. "

Well put Bill.

If people realized how LITTLE profit and how much TIME is invested in ham radio businesses I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't post this baloney on a public forum like this.

Personally I find the attitudes of alot of hams as being pretty poor. Many expect everything for nothing and think that they're kings and need to be served. I started a two way shop 19 years ago and quickly learned that if a ham was involved in any part of the decision process that I would just walk away-it was cheaper to lose the business than to fight with some of these guys' egos that won't fit though a door. That business is dying because of how much cellular etc is bearing into the market and several years ago we bought a ham antenna company. This on top of a second very successful business making saltwater fishing lures. I just absolutely beat my head against a wall on a daily basis with some of these guys and like many ham businesses decided it wasn't worth it anymore. If people knew the amount of money and time we put into that alone you would cringe.

I think people need to step back and see what they're doing to these small businesses with this stuff and change their attitudes a bit. Hamcity didn't do anything wrong that I see. And there certainly wasn't a need to bash these people online like has been done. Hey folks web servers go down...mine went down for 5 days the week before Xmas! I ended up cutting my losses and moving 5 ecommerce sites to a new server. Yes kids get sick-one of mine has strep throat today. There's other things in life that are sometimes more important...and this goes with bashing these guys too.

Again nice new site Hamcity. great job!

KE5ZIX

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 01:11:12 PM »

Their (HAMCITY) new website is really nice. I think they have exceptional customer service and if I prefer to do my business with them. Does it mean they have never or will never make a mistake? No, but it means they work hard to make their customers happy and they provide good prices.  Yeah, you might get what your looking for a few bucks less on ebay if you order it from China but I like those guys at HamCity and want them to succeed. As for the postings of bad response time from HamCity, I never encountered that problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: