The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten-Tec Repair Service  (Read 14391 times)
NN4RH

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2017, 08:18:06 AM »

I went to DJ0IP's web site.  All I found were photos of Dishtrox facility in Ohio. perhaps you could provide the photos of Ten Tec or a link to them.

That's what I thought, too, although those pictures are from February so things may have changed since then.

As I understand it, they make circuit boards there for Alpha amplifiers, and the amplifiers are assembled in Longmont CO. I think I saw that on AlphaRFSystems web site.

I assume the same applies to "Ten-Tec" commercial receivers. Maybe the Ohio facility making boards and possibly shipping the boards to Tennessee? for assembly of the radios. Although it's not as clear in the case of "Ten-Tec" as it is for Alpha. Maybe they are assembling complete radios in Ohio.  I don't think I've seen that explicitly stated. In my mind it doesn't matter. Certainly it would not make any sense to have multiple locations all making boards.

In any case, I am thinking there is a considerable investment involved in the Ohio facility. They're going to want to make money from it. Alpha amplifiers and commercial receivers. Those I assume are the big-ticket, higher profit-margin items so it does not surprise me to see those being produced first.  

So the only thing left to argue about is whether the Ohio location is "Ten Tec" building "Ten-Tec" receivers; OR is it "Dishtronix" building "Ten-Tec" branded receivers; OR is it "Dishtronics" building boards which are then turned over to "Ten Tec" to build radios out of. There's probably a few other permutations.   Maybe it's all a couple of people who just change their badges between Dishtronix and TenTec every day, depending on what's on the work schedule.

What does it matter?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:30:30 AM by NN4RH » Logged
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2017, 08:57:29 AM »

< snip >
What does it matter?
The question continues to be raised as to whether or not they are manufacturing anything.

I've told you how to contact them.
I've told you where to find the statements from the owner.
I've told you where to find the pictures of part of the manufacturing process.

And still the arguments continue. Often the same tired arguments from the same people who conveniently overlook statements contrary to what they claim to believe.

Of course, it's interesting to note that the same people were making the same claims about Alpha.  Now that Alpha is back, silence... not even a small admission that maybe, just maybe, they were wrong.

AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2017, 10:01:19 AM »

Ah, John?

HEATHKit, or for that matter Heathkit, was not the name of the company.  Heath was the name of the company.

And they were in many other fields besides Amateur Radio.  If memory serves, the company started off selling kit airplanes.

No, Schaumburger didn’t liquidate Heath.  Zenith bought the company for the computer business lines... yes, Virginia, Heath sold computers both in kit form and assembled... robots too... and basically paid little to no attention to the other lines of business.

I’d think a former Schaumburger employee from that period of time would know all that.  

Now, let’s get back to the real subject at hand, shall we?  

Hi,

Wow, thanks for the education

HEATH was indeed the Company name, HEATHKit were the products that HEATH COMPANY made.  Schlumberger  purchased HEATH mainly for two HEATHkit product lines, Data Analyzers, for seismic data collection for the Well Services Division, and bench test meters, to compliment the meters sold by Weston Division of Schlumberger/Solartron.  However most of the HEATHKit, bench test meters were sold under the Solartron division of Schlumberger name .  So as a former Schlumberger employee I did know all that....  

BTW, it is spelled SCHLUMBERGER, not Schaumburger.

And as usual you missed the whole point of my post, " HEATH was a Amateur Radio Manufacturer, unlike the current Heath, which is HEATH in name only, just like the current TEN TEC is Ten Tec in name only, neither being a current Amateur Radio manufacturer."

John

Was that pronounced shlum-ber-jay or shlum-burger?

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2017, 02:31:37 PM »

Ah, John?

HEATHKit, or for that matter Heathkit, was not the name of the company.  Heath was the name of the company.

And they were in many other fields besides Amateur Radio.  If memory serves, the company started off selling kit airplanes.

No, Schaumburger didn’t liquidate Heath.  Zenith bought the company for the computer business lines... yes, Virginia, Heath sold computers both in kit form and assembled... robots too... and basically paid little to no attention to the other lines of business.

I’d think a former Schaumburger employee from that period of time would know all that.  

Now, let’s get back to the real subject at hand, shall we?  

Hi,

Wow, thanks for the education

HEATH was indeed the Company name, HEATHKit were the products that HEATH COMPANY made.  Schlumberger  purchased HEATH mainly for two HEATHkit product lines, Data Analyzers, for seismic data collection for the Well Services Division, and bench test meters, to compliment the meters sold by Weston Division of Schlumberger/Solartron.  However most of the HEATHKit, bench test meters were sold under the Solartron division of Schlumberger name .  So as a former Schlumberger employee I did know all that....  

BTW, it is spelled SCHLUMBERGER, not Schaumburger.

And as usual you missed the whole point of my post, " HEATH was a Amateur Radio Manufacturer, unlike the current Heath, which is HEATH in name only, just like the current TEN TEC is Ten Tec in name only, neither being a current Amateur Radio manufacturer."

John

Was that pronounced shlum-ber-jay or shlum-burger?

Hi,

It is pronounced schlum-bra-schay.  It is French company (not German), dual headquartered in Paris and New York City, on the DOW SE: SLB. When I retired there were about 65,000 employees, with about 8,000 in the Houston, Texas area.  The one of the founding brothers widow, Dominique de Menil Schlumberger, for many decades this century, was considered among the wealthiest woman in the world.  

John
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:44:22 PM by W5JON » Logged
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2017, 02:56:38 PM »

< snip >
What does it matter?
The question continues to be raised as to whether or not they are manufacturing anything.

And still the arguments continue. Often the same tired arguments from the same people who conveniently overlook statements contrary to what they claim to believe.

Of course, it's interesting to note that the same people were making the same claims about Alpha.  Now that Alpha is back, silence... not even a small admission that maybe, just maybe, they were wrong.

Hi,

So for MONTHS you and others have been saying that TEN TEC (not Dishtronix) are "manufacturing" commercial radios, and are gearing up to produce Amateur Radios.  In spite of all your many attempts and searching, you have been unable to give a location, address, or photo of this TEN TEC manufacturing facility.  Now having failed for MONTHS, you want KA4DPO to "prove a negative", and prove that it does not exist.  Nice try....... keep searching, and PROVE WHAT YOU SAY.

John

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:02:58 PM by W5JON » Logged
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2017, 06:43:28 PM »

Mike showed the photos in a post on a Ten Tec reflector.  If you missed the info, do your own due diligence and research. No one gives a rat's what you believe.
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2017, 07:13:34 PM »

Mike showed the photos in a post on a Ten Tec reflector.  If you missed the info, do your own due diligence and research. No one gives a rat's what you believe.

Hi,

I am sorry I am not part of the Ten-Tec in-crowd like you, and do not belong to the Ten Tec reflector.  Can you tell me where the Ten Tec manufacturing facility shown in the refelector photos is located?  I am sorry to inconvenience you, but I have seen photos of the Dishtronix facility, but not the Ten-Tec facility. 

John
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2017, 08:11:37 PM »

Hi,

I am sorry I am not part of the Ten-Tec in-crowd like you, and do not belong to the Ten Tec reflector.  Can you tell me where the Ten Tec manufacturing facility shown in the refelector photos is located?  I am sorry to inconvenience you, but I have seen photos of the Dishtronix facility, but not the Ten-Tec facility. 

John

Don't feel bad, the photos he is referring to are old and were taken at the RKR facility at 1148 Wagoner Drive in Sevierville.  They have not been there for a long time and there are no current photographs of a dedicated Ten Tec facility.  They are just throwing stuff out without any proof and then daring everyone else to prove they are wrong.  Almost everything you hear from the cheerleading squad is old information and can be found in threads here on Eham dating as far back as 2015.
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2017, 09:01:12 PM »

Hi,

John

Don't feel bad, the photos he is referring to are old and were taken at the RKR facility at 1148 Wagoner Drive in Sevierville.  They have not been there for a long time and there are no current photographs of a dedicated Ten Tec facility.  They are just throwing stuff out without any proof and then daring everyone else to prove they are wrong.  Almost everything you hear from the cheerleading squad is old information and can be found in threads here on Eham dating as far back as 2015.

Hi,

Thanks for the straight forward answer to my question.  I sure do not understand why WN or ZJH or FIB, could not have given me that answer weeks ago, instead of all the non-answers, and dancing around the question, and all the insults . 

Enjoy the forum with the all the in-crowd cheerleaders, and hope you are better at getting a straight answer from any of them then I was.   

Thanks again and 73,

John
NN4RH

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2017, 12:32:49 AM »

... as far back as 2015.

Actually, it goes all the way back to late 2013, shortly before Ten Tec sold the Dolly Parton Parkway factory building and rumors were starting to circulate.

W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2017, 08:29:08 AM »

< snip >
What does it matter?

Of course, it's interesting to note that the same people were making the same claims about Alpha.  Now that Alpha is back, silence... not even a small admission that maybe, just maybe, they were wrong.

Hi,

So for MONTHS you and others have been saying that TEN TEC (not Dishtronix) are "manufacturing" commercial radios, and are gearing up to produce Amateur Radios.  In spite of all your many attempts and searching, you have been unable to give a location, address, or photo of this TEN TEC manufacturing facility.  Now having failed for MONTHS, you want KA4DPO to "prove a negative", and prove that it does not exist.  Nice try....... keep searching, and PROVE WHAT YOU SAY.

John
Hold on a moment there...

“My” many attempts and searching?  “My” failure for months?

So you want me to prove something based on the failure of a non-existent “month’s long” search that you have suddenly concocted out of thin air?  And then accuse me of failing to prove a negative, which is a logical impossibility?

And even if I came up with said proof, you’d ignore it anyway, just as you have all along.

Forget it.  Do your own dirty work.

The facts remains that Ten Tec is an operating company.  They are building commercial receivers, and selling them.  Repair work is being sent somewhere, and no I don’t have the address since I haven’t had need to use their services yet, and that somewhere is in Tennessee.

All the hot air you generate doesn’t change any of that. 
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2017, 10:04:37 AM »

The facts remains that Ten Tec is an operating company.  They are building commercial receivers, and selling them.

I GIVE UP, as you will never answer my question:  WHERE IS TEN TEC FACILITY THAT IS BUILDING THESE COMMERCIAL RECEIVERS ?  AGAIN, "prove what you say".

Never mind, KA4DPO already answered, it just does not exist, and all that you say is BS.

John
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:18:30 AM by W5JON » Logged
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2017, 11:58:49 AM »

Now that Alpha is back, silence... not even a small admission that maybe, just maybe, they were wrong.

Glad to see that Alpha is still making amplifiers, for how long we shall see.  

BTW, how is the EMTRON Amplifiers been doing since being acquired by Dishtronix over two years ago?  I have been looking but can not seem to find anything.  

John
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:12:22 PM by W5JON » Logged
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2017, 12:19:32 PM »

below are some parts of the email Mike took the time to write at QRZ.  if you are really interested in Ten-Tec's future i suggest you read the whole thing; interestingly -- many of the same pre-mature funeral committee trolls that are posting here are also posting there...  Undecided 

Frankly I’m tired of dealing with malicious people trolling for an argument.

I’m sorry I’m not a savvy web master person and don’t have time or knowledge to social media everything in my business to you. Honestly, is there value in that when we don’t have any transceivers at the moment? There just isn’t time and resources to update you at the moment and the return on the update is zero. We have to focus on the things that are at hand which make a difference. I’d rather get the Eagle + up and then update you and tell you we have them.

- - - -

I’m sorry I don’t have time to update everyone on what I’m doing here. I work 16 hours a day six and one half days a week. Updating you doesn’t pay the bills. Updating you doesn’t get product out the door. We are about ready to launch the Eagle +. It should be sometime in 2018. There are a series of things that have to happen before that.

- - - -

For anyone who really wants to change things and is interested in making a near zero interest loan to me for a couple of million who is interested in growing the business to around 20M / year of commercial sales contact me and let me know. With the proper funding I could buy or build a proper building in Tennessee and move Dishtronix there as well as another commercial company I am looking at. We would then have the money to finish the Omni 8 and the Orion III as well as launch two new power amplifiers and return all of the TT products to production. It would mean about twenty new jobs in Tennessee and put us back in a very favorable position. We haven’t lost the brain trust at TT. Conversely we’ve added to it. Believe it or not, things at Ten Tec are better than they have been every probably in the last five years. We could do a lot more with the right resources. When we achieve economy of scale we’ll hire spin doctors to make you warm and fuzzy about our products.

- - - -

We are still fully occupied with our commercial accounts until the end of the year, so things are stable and improving. In January I’ll have been here two years. We’ve come a long way I think. 2018 is TEN-TEC’s 50th anniversary and I will be shipping transceivers if you will buy them.

- - - -

73-Mike N8WFF, Sep 27, 2017

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/is-ten-tec-still-in-business.580077/page-15
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2017, 12:33:26 PM »

below are some parts of the email Mike took the time to write at QRZ.  if you are really interested in Ten-Tec's future i suggest you read the whole thing; interestingly -- many of the same pre-mature funeral committee trolls that are posting here are also posting there...  Undecided  

Hi,

Thanks, that explains a lot.  I wish someone would have posted that weeks ago.

"With the proper funding I could buy or build [/u] a proper building in Tennessee and move Dishtronix there......" Maybe I am misunderstanding Mike, but from that statement, he is saying that they currently do not have a "proper building", I.E. only a storage locker facility where they to do repairs. I wish him good luck, it seems he has many challenges ahead. 

Thanks and 73,

John
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:54:40 PM by W5JON » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: