The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten-Tec Repair Service  (Read 14681 times)
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2017, 02:17:14 PM »

Quote from: W5JON
Maybe I am misunderstanding Mike, [....]

QSL Wink
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 02:21:03 PM by N9KX » Logged
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2017, 07:09:51 AM »

below are some parts of the email Mike took the time to write at QRZ.  if you are really interested in Ten-Tec's future i suggest you read the whole thing; interestingly -- many of the same pre-mature funeral committee trolls that are posting here are also posting there...  Undecided  

Hi,

Thanks, that explains a lot.  I wish someone would have posted that weeks ago.

"With the proper funding I could buy or build a proper building in Tennessee and move Dishtronix there......"  Maybe I am misunderstanding Mike, but from that statement, he is saying that they currently do not have a "proper building", I.E. only a storage locker facility where they to do repairs. I wish him good luck, it seems he has many challenges ahead. 

Thanks and 73,

John
No, you are misunderstanding Mike. 

If you go back and read the entire post, and the subsequent posts, you will see that what he is saying is that he needs $$$ to build a new facility, or renovate an existing building if he could find one. 

In other words, he doesn't want to rent, he wants to own.

Previous posts from him over the last few months, all of which are available either on QRZ, here, or both, explain why it took him so long to relocate Ten Tec from the location that previous owners put them in (in more ways than one) after the original owners sold the original location to Wal-Mart.
The facts remains that Ten Tec is an operating company.  They are building commercial receivers, and selling them.

I GIVE UP, as you will never answer my question:  WHERE IS TEN TEC FACILITY THAT IS BUILDING THESE COMMERCIAL RECEIVERS ?  AGAIN, "prove what you say".

Never mind, KA4DPO already answered, it just does not exist, and all that you say is BS.

John
1.  I don't have personal knowledge of exactly where the new facility is.  Which I have told you before.

2.  Enough with the "storage facility" nonsense.  Do you really think that employees would work in a cramped "storage locker" with no heat, no AC, no windows, and no restroom facilities?  C'mon.  That would be a violation of so many state and federal labor laws, at least around here... it's absurd on the face of it.

3a,  I thought DJ0IP had the photos of the new location on his site; if he did, he no longer does.  My apologies for the oversight.  But they are out there.

3b.  Since someone else spoon-fed you the links to my information sources, which you have now read and acknowledged... I guess all that I say wasn't BS after all, was it? 
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2017, 01:05:23 PM »

1.  I don't have personal knowledge of exactly where the new facility is.  Which I have told you before.

2.  Enough with the "storage facility" nonsense.  Do you really think that employees would work in a cramped "storage locker" with no heat, no AC, no windows, and no restroom facilities?  C'mon.  That would be a violation of so many state and federal labor laws, at least around here... it's absurd on the face of it.

3a,  I thought DJ0IP had the photos of the new location on his site; if he did, he no longer does.  My apologies for the oversight.  But they are out there.

3b.  Since someone else spoon-fed you the links to my information sources, which you have now read and acknowledged... I guess all that I say wasn't BS after all, was it? 

Ron

I really don't see the need to SPOON FEED the deniers information which is readily available, and has been for
some time.

The new facilities are apparently in Colorado.  Photos of the new manufacturing facility, and the equipment,
and other details about what work is being done is on DJ0IP's site.

http://www.dj0ip.de/alpha-ten-tec/

Pete
AE0Q

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2017, 03:14:10 PM »

Ron

I really don't see the need to SPOON FEED the deniers information which is readily available, and has been for
some time.

The new facilities are apparently in Colorado.  Photos of the new manufacturing facility, and the equipment,
and other details about what work is being done is on DJ0IP's site.

http://www.dj0ip.de/alpha-ten-tec/

73 Pete

Thank you Pete and Ron.  Nothing has changed in over a year.

1) Circuit board assemblies are built in Ohio at Dishtronix, the photos on Rick's site show that part.

2) The appropriate boards are sent to Ten Tec, and Ten Tec Commercial receivers are assembled from the boards at Ten Tec in TN.  What difference does it matter what building in TN they are located in?  Commercial contracts do not necessarily mean US Government contracts, as some seem to think.  Ten Tec repairs go to TN.

3) Alpha amps are assembled and tested in Colorado, same location for the last 7 yrs.  The sheetmetal comes from local suppliers in CO.  Alpha board assemblies now come from the facility at Dishtronix, rather than the contract manufacturer in CO that was making them.  Alpha amplifier repairs go to CO.

Glenn AE0Q

Glenn and V-NATCH Katie,
HP-O, MXB, MJB, XF
http://www.hoopsandjumps.com/
http://funagility.webs.com/
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: