Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comet H422 multiband dipole/inverted-V  (Read 1900 times)
G0RIF

Ignore
« on: January 12, 2006, 06:31:19 AM »

Hi all!

I am considering this antenna as my QTH has a small garden and no room for wire antennas.  My current setup is a half size G5RV bent into my loft space - seems to work ok 40 thru 10m.

I intend mounting this on a short mast to fire over my roofline and hope to be able to work some 40m DX until things pick up on the higher frequency bands.

Questions are:-
1) would dipole or InvV configuration be best?
2) does anyone here use one of these and does anyone have any comments or reviews they can share with me?

Many thanks!
Dean / G0RIF
G0RIF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 01:39:42 AM »

Hi all.

Please...does anyone here have any information on this antenna? I have mailed a few people direct who have used it on DXpeditions but no replies so far :-(

As yet i can find no online reviews anywhere so i'm hoping someone on this forum may use one or know someone who does...

TIA.
Dean - G0RIF
BV2TU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 05:53:23 PM »

Hi,

I had Comet H-422 for a while, and it was pretty good for those people who doesn't have a big lot.
You can just mount about 3~4m from the ground and still have very good result (Use as a V-dipole).
In V setup, it is close to vertical, but you can turn it to have better reception. In dipole setup, you will need to raise this antenna more to have better result.
I had put it on more than 30m high roof top, it was really good on Tx and Rx.
By the way, this antenna has been discountinued, can you still buy it?
If you know where to buy it, please email me and let me know where can buy it.
thanks.
BV2TU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 05:53:23 PM »

Hi,

I had Comet H-422 for a while, and it was pretty good for those people who doesn't have a big lot.
You can just mount about 3~4m from the ground and still have very good result (Use as a V-dipole).
In V setup, it is close to vertical, but you can turn it to have better reception. In dipole setup, you will need to raise this antenna more to have better result.
I had put it on more than 30m high roof top, it was really good on Tx and Rx.
By the way, this antenna has been discountinued, can you still buy it?
If you know where to buy it, please email me and let me know where can buy it.
thanks.
G0RIF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 04:05:36 AM »

Thanks for the response - sounds like it worked ok for you so I'm seriously considering getting one sometime soon. They are available in the UK from Nevada Communications priced at 169 GBP.

73 de Dean, G0RIF
M3ZYN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 12:56:32 PM »

Read your queries/comments of 2006 and was wondering if you could update me on the h422.

(Considering my antenna options at the moment!)

TIA

Bob

G0RIF

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 02:52:59 AM »

Hi Bob,

Sorry but I can't really help.

Having explored the possibility of purchasing one of these antennas I found it was somewhat bigger than I could reasonably "hide" in my small suburban garden. My XYL is somewhat sensitive to visible antennas so I'm still working with my attic dipole for 20m, loaded dipole (also in attic) for 40m and simple wire lying on the roof tiles that tunes ok for 30m, 18m and 15m.

Regards,

Dean
N5RMS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 02:25:56 PM »

Used one on Field Day.  It works after a fashion.  I suspect most of the radion is straight UP!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: