The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling Frequencies  (Read 5418 times)
W8VOM

Ignore
« on: April 20, 2000, 05:23:29 AM »

What are your thoughts on the use of National Calling Frequencies?  Obviously they should be used to make a call and then continue with the conversation on another frequency but many say that they use the calling frequency as their standby and see no reason to move! Some hang out for hours on end there when they could take the conversation to another frequency. When I bring this issue up to them,they say that was an "old agreement" and use of a calling frequency for chit chat is just fine and this goes on all day long! What are your thoughts on this issue?
Are roundtable discussions out of place on calling frequencies?
WF0H

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2000, 06:40:23 PM »

Calling Frequencies are only valuable when people use them as such.  That means there need to be people listening as well as calling.  I would like to hear more on 144.200, and for that matter 146.52, too.
KB9JTN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2000, 09:09:42 AM »

Hello, As you can tell by the call I've not been into this hobby for a real long time but I use the calling frequency's both for calling and chatting when it is not busy I will stay on the frequency chatting to try and get more people involved. Then if it is busy I move off. Is it just me missing the band opening or what, but it seems like there are fewer hams on the calling frequencies on 2 meter fm simplex, and 6 meter fm simplex? I Don't have the beams for 2 meters or 6 meters as yet but am working on it. I get quite excited about working fm simplex with my simple station out of state,(IN) I monitor 146.520 and 52.525 alot on my weekends off....    CUL 73  KB9JTN
KB9QQL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2000, 06:11:18 PM »

Hi Scott,

I've recently moved to indiana, griffith/Highland area.  I'm a relatively new ham and I'm looking for a club. I still have a lot to learn.  I would greatful for any help you could provide

Thanks,
Adrian
KB9JTN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2000, 09:46:50 AM »

Hi Adrian, Well let me try this again. I have been having problems with my server and keep getting kick off line when I'm right in the middle of something. I tried earlier to answer your question by my home e-mail but it couldn't deliver it for one reason or another so I came back here to try and help you if I can. I have an old repeater directory that shows there is a club in your area. It's the Lake County ARC. it's address is 812 E. 40th Place in Griffith, if they are still active they meet the 2nd friday monthly at the Lake City Government Complex also it shows 2 repeaters in the Highland area, the frquencies are 146.685 - offset, and 147.24 + offset, this repeater is sponsored by the Lake County ARC. Hope this info is still valid.

73, Scott

P.S. My home e-mail is skmoran@netusa1.net if you should need any other help and I can be of assistance.  Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: