The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dual/Tri bander help  (Read 3663 times)
W5FSW

Ignore
« on: August 25, 2000, 02:57:20 PM »

Here is my dilema. I have softened my wife up for a new radio. This radio will have to do me for awhile. I need some knowledgeable suggestions. I want at least  2m/440, needs to have alphanumeric, true dual band capabilities. I really was taken with the Yaesu 8100 but it does not have alphanumeric and I don't have a memory. The Kenwood d700 does all/more than I need but besides being pricey, I have heard that it is not very sensitive. If I talk myself into this price range should I consider a few dollars more and go for an all band radio? I will be using this radio mainly in my shack and maybe a little in the car and camping. Can anyone please make some suggestions?
Thanks
Scott
W5FSW
K5TMA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2000, 07:07:18 PM »

Check out the ADI-600H.  5 Watts from a true dual band radio that can talk with the best of them AND cross band repeat. Check out their web site (www.adi-radio.com) for specials!

It works great as a mobile with a mag-mount gain antenna, and at home I hook it up to a dual band amp that kicks it out to repeaters 50-70 miles away!

Please read the reports in QST and CQ.  It's better than a lot of true mobile radios for less money with more features.  It's a "standard size" HT, but the battery pak is half the size and 3/4's the weight of the rig.

When you go camping, add a big rubber duckie(gain!), turn off the 440 band, and use the big NiHd battery.

73 - Tommy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: