Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LIDO MOUNTS  (Read 132784 times)
5B4AFQ

Ignore
« on: May 30, 2006, 05:54:28 AM »

I was very disapointed with one of the companies that
advertise here. I ordered a pair of Lido Mounts
on 9th of March. Six weeks later i sent a very polite message that although my credit card was charge on the 9th the equipment never arrived. One week after i receive a reply that someone would investigate why. Two weeks after my initial message another message was sent with no reply and another email was sent on last Friday. No answer !!! I know my order was only 40$ but
then again every customer deserves at least a reply.
Personaly i would not recoment Lido mount service to anyone.  

5B4AFQ
K8YS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 09:36:06 AM »

I placed an order online in May, I requested a traking number. After a couple days, I still had not gotten the tracking number so I tried to call, but his calls are sent to voice mail and I have not been able to get an answer.

This surprises me since I have purchased from DXERCASE in the past as well as at the Hamvention this year.

N2DUZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 08:17:44 AM »

Wish I had read this forum BEFORE I ordered and paid for my mount!  Today, I decided to call Lido, and now the web site is gone.  Hope the company isn't gone too.  

At least I was smart in one respect - I paid via PayPal, so I stand a chance of getting my money back.
W2DIP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 07:20:38 AM »

I recently bought a Lido Ultimount to hold my HT. Despite carefully following their directions about cleaning my dashboard (in fact I went overboard to celan it)the adhesive never quite stuck on one edge. Nonetheless, I was able to use it. I sent two emails to Lido and got no reply. Their web site is very poor and does not inspire confidence. The Lido mount came with some other name on it to boot.

To make a long story short, today the mount fell right off my dash taking my HT with it. I would expect more from a mount than only lasting a few weeks. I have other mounts that use the 3M adhesive and it is a chore to remove them. This one did not seem to have the same adhesive strenght which makes me wonder if perhaps the adhesive is not what it is supposed to be. Stay away from this company at all costs and check out Ram mounts instead.
LIDOMOUNTS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 03:19:21 AM »

Hi,

My name is Jim Newcomb.
I am the owner of Lido Products. We supply Lido Mounts. I read your e-mail, and I would like to apologize for the bad service.
Our phone number is 888-550-5436, my e-mail is sales@lidomounts.com
We would be happy to refund your money. We do use 3m VHB on our mounting products. If you cleaned the surface with our prep kit in most cases the bond will be very strong. We have had several vehicle dashes that the adhesive will only adhere to for a short time. We have spoken to 3m about it, and they think it is outgassing of the plastic material the dash is made of.

73's

Jim
NG5E

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 07:35:31 PM »

I wish I had read this thread BEFORE I ordered.  This guy has an attitude that his small customers are insignificant and it reflects in the customer service.  My problem; like most I've seen, is that they forgot to ship my package and would not reply to my E-Mails.  Check out the latest E-Mail from Jim...

"The margins are extremely low, which there is no way you would know...but that also adds in how humorous your taking your business elsewhere is.
Wow...we will probably lose a whole $5.00 bucks without you.

73's

Jim"
W0JGB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 06:58:18 PM »

I must say I was a bit aprehensive about ordering fro this company.  Glad I did. I placed my order on Monday and received it Wenesday.  Well desiged product.  I ordered the LM-300 floormount and I am extremely pleased with it.  I am using it in my 2007 Silverado with an 857 Yeasu.
N1JFU

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 09:40:49 AM »

I ordered an LM-300 on 12/21, 1/24, still no mount. 2 phone calls, 2 emails...no response.

Buyer Beware.

-Steve

WA7NCL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 09:05:52 AM »

ordered on Feb 25th.  My card was charged immediately.  No shipping notices no tracking numbers no product.  It is now March 9.  The company does not answer emails or phone calls.  I now have a disputed transaction going with the credit card company.

Don't buy from the web site.  If you must by Lido products buy from a retailer like AES or HRO.  Lido aka LAS inc (as they appear on you credit card) is not reliable via their web site.

Its sad to see this sort of thing. I can understand things not being in stock or delivery problems, but charging a card before the item ships via automated web robots and not answering even emails is not excusable.
VK6NRD

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 04:08:10 PM »

Well I wish I had done my research first before ordering...

Ordered my mounts on 28/02/2008 Now 15/03/2008 here in Western Australia... (My order was for $93.75 US)

I have sent emails left phone messages had no response at all now going to proceed with some sort of legal action to recover funds which got taken the day I placed the order.

Do yourself a favour do not buy directly from Lido Mounts at all.

Rob VK6NRD
VK6NRD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 08:43:29 PM »

Well an update on my order...

Just got an email from Jim Newcomb confirming my order will be sent today WOW... Also has said sorry for the bad service.

This was after sending 15 emails in a row trying just one last time to try and get my order before I started legal action (I MADE SURE I STOOD OUT IN THE INBOX). It seems this done the job. JUST TO NOTE THE REPLY TO THESE EMAILS TOOK ONLY 10 MINUTES.

So now I will await for the delivery and will update the time frame of this when I receive the goods.

Rob VK6NRD

LIDOMOUNTS

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 07:55:39 PM »

Hi,

We sent you the mounts you ordered n/c.
I apologize, we have been overwhelmed with orders.
We have added more staff, and have added AES, HRO, HamStation, Hometek to our dealers list to supply our customers.

73's

Jim Newcomb
LIDOMOUNTS

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 08:10:05 PM »

Hi Rob,

I noticed your posting here.
I just wanted you to know that we have sent your mounts out today via Priority Global Service.
Again I am sorry for the poor service.

If anyone has issues with poor service from our company, I can be reached on my cell phone at 9493955487. You may get voice mail on the weekends and after office hours, but I will get back to you within 24 hours.

We process hundreds of mounts a week, and we do have many satisfied customers. I see we have not meet expectations for others on e-ham.
We will do better.

73's

Jim Newcomb
VK6NRD

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 10:07:24 PM »

Ok this is an update on my order I placed on the 28/02/2008...

It is now 01/04/2008 2 months later and I have FINALLY received my mounts... BUT BUT BUT they are not all here so have now just sent another email to find out why.

So for me waiting time yet again.

Oh one more thing they gave me a nice Pelican light for the trouble they caused the first time which was nice of them and does work well (so I do thankyou for this).

Sorry Jim but I think for dealings directly to the public there are many issues there that need to be resolved still (or maybe they have already with your new staff just starting but quite in time for my order).

Will update again once I receive the items they missed on my first shipment.

Rob VK6NRD
WA2WMR

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 12:23:59 PM »

Well, after two days of calling and not being able to leave a message because his mailbox is full, I noticed that the "Thank you for calling Lido..." or whatever it was message has been changed to a generic message. Also, the mailbox is still full, and the cell phone seems had a "not in service" message. I wonder if he's calling it quits.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: