The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any problems ordering from DX Engineering?  (Read 7008 times)
VE3TMT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 05:10:23 AM »

You did not place an order, your request most likely came across as odd. Using caps was rude, it's akin to shouting. .... As you can see from reading here, station building is a continuous process, yet you seek turn-key plug and play.

S0FAR or you just choose to be anonymous with your responses?
I went online to order a cable for my Heil headset (another story) and was told a certain cable fit. I ordered it. It was the wrong one. The said they would order the correct one but it would be two weeks. Heil had them in stock. Two weeks to ship from OH to DXE? I cancelled the order.
K4EJQ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 12:36:47 PM »

K0LKI-Things changed after the war-Welcome back OT.GL/73, Bunky, K4EJQ
KE4XJ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 12:57:00 AM »

I have found DX Engineering to be competent and knowledgeable, with good prices. They have a wide inventory. I use them all the time. No complaints at all. I highly recommend them.

Brad
KE4XJ
HAMRADIO1

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 06:25:30 AM »

Rod didn't seem to believe that I was being difficult at all. 

You know nothing about me.  If you think that I lack tact, then let me confirm that for you:

You are a complete jerk who hides all personal info and makes insults.  What or whom are you hiding from?

Just ignore Sofar.  He is nothing but a troll. All his replied are like this.
KG9SF

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 10:53:57 AM »

Not a problem with ordering, but a close friend just bought a new transceiver from DXE and experienced a failure within a short time after receiving it.  They would not accept his request to return the rig for a new one, but insisted that he send it to a third party repairman for free warranty service.
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 11:06:28 AM »

I see less wrong with using caps than I see in being an anonymous troll.  Also, I never had an issue dealing with DXE.
Art
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 11:23:05 AM »

Not a problem with ordering, but a close friend just bought a new transceiver from DXE and experienced a failure within a short time after receiving it.  They would not accept his request to return the rig for a new one, but insisted that he send it to a third party repairman for free warranty service.
Could you better define "short time", please?

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 02:29:56 PM »

I suspect that was company (the radio company, not DXE) policy.  If so, what was DXE supposed to do?  Take the radio back, get it fixed and end up taking a beating on it selling it used?  I had a radio go bad in a new truck once, and a new car another time.  Both times, the radios were sent out for repair, so I didn't get new ones either.  I probably should have complained on line that I wanted a new truck and car.
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 02:35:07 PM »

That depends, did they try charging you for floor mats? Did you pay extra for them, or did you hold your ground and make them throw them in.
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2015, 05:55:12 PM »

Never had a problem with DXE. Considering buying an Acom amp from them and was told they have their own in-house repair facilities, in or out of warranty.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 08:05:54 PM »

Yep, they're good.  Even at Dayton, they're the gold standard in taking the time to present their products and to ensure that all of your questions have been answered.  Conversely, the other big box dealers just look at you like "WTF do you want?" if you don't flash your green or plastic at them right away.     
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2015, 05:35:23 AM »

Yep, they're good.  Even at Dayton, they're the gold standard in taking the time to present their products and to ensure that all of your questions have been answered.  Conversely, the other big box dealers just look at you like "WTF do you want?" if you don't flash your green or plastic at them right away.     

That's because they don't just sell boxed radios, accessories, and antennas.  They sell other stuff like full saddle clamps, connectors, crimping tools, antenna switches, phasing boxes, etc.  Those items tend to elicit questions about what they are, how to use them, how would it work for me, etc.     

If you just want a new radio in a box, and you've already decided on features, price, accessories, etc. - you just go and buy it.  Some places are just "discount places that sell stuff."  They are an interface between the large radio manufacturers and the ham radio public.  DXE sells everything from new boxed radios to items a hard core DXer and/or contester would be interested in. 
W5WSS

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 09:42:53 PM »

When the majority does not care we just lost a fellow ham whom after all this is going QRT points to a decaying decomposing body that makes up the fraternity suggests The moral barometer in this modern world is no longer a point of reference.

The hobby is only a reflection of the society

How hard is it to understand customer service? DXE is in business to serve it's customers during a business transaction regardless.

Peace

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: