The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MFJ Parts, terrific service  (Read 7566 times)
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2017, 04:00:14 AM »

Its all about the money.  Short change someone so they have to order additional items they already paid for, or, get frustrated and drop it.  No one bothers to read any documentation or understand what exactly they are suppose to be supplying or supporting.  And, likely little to know staff with absolutely no product knowledge.  Not just at the fine junk company but everywhere you do.  Ask a question get a blank stare....

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.   Placed an order at Dayton for some Hy-gain Ham IV replacement parts.  Paid for all, got a copy of the receipt that said PAID on it.   Waited 4 weeks (gave them a break).  Called.  "No record of your order."  So I fax them a copy of the receipt.   Called back in two weeks.   "No record of your order."   Faxed them a copy again.   Called back in two weeks, threatening to call the MS State Attorney General's Office for FRAUD.   They called back, and promptly sent the order 2nd day air.   
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 08:43:57 AM »

I really wonder if the workers that pack the products at Martin's plant deliberately leave some parts out on occasion and then read the stuff on this reflector to get a laugh.  Either that or he constantly works understaffed so things get missed. 
Art

Could be this.......could be that..........

One fact.......Martin is responsible for Martin's plant.  Smiley
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 08:51:10 AM »

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.   Placed an order at Dayton for some Hy-gain Ham IV replacement parts.  Paid for all, got a copy of the receipt that said PAID on it.   Waited 4 weeks (gave them a break).  Called.  "No record of your order."  So I fax them a copy of the receipt.   Called back in two weeks.   "No record of your order."   Faxed them a copy again.   Called back in two weeks, threatening to call the MS State Attorney General's Office for FRAUD.   They called back, and promptly sent the order 2nd day air.   

Any truth in the rumor Martin is still receiving counselling for that out of pocket expense.  Grin
KA2LIM

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2017, 04:51:32 AM »

Not really! Been waiting for a replacement part for a MFJ-266C antenna analyzer (very current unit) for a year and a half. Keep getting then same run-around every time I call and told, we have you on the list to send you the part when we get it.
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2017, 09:04:49 AM »

Sell first, collect money and somewhere in the future, deal with the issues/customer complaints....(maybe)
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2017, 01:06:09 PM »

Steve/KZ1X.

Quit lying. You're bad at it.

Back to the paddle.

_ _ ... ... _ _

Kraus

W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 09:24:18 AM »

The last time I needed a part, a trap for my trapped dipole, they made it incorrectly.  The coil section was warped so badly that when in the can (cover) the characteristics were way off.  Contacted them about sending me a replacement, wouldn't do it.  Could not get any technical help.  I try to make what parts I can but to go back the the "OEM" for the actual parts and get run arounds, shipping of incomplete parts, incorrect parts, really bothers me.  I really hate that junk bought some product lines.  You may get lucky and you may get screwed.  Really not worth it.  I really wish a company like DX Engineering would buy the Cushcraft line before Junk turns it into Cushcrap, and Ameritron with DX Engineering would be great also.  Whenever I send a technical question to DXE, they ALWAYS RESPOND.  The other day, I rcvd a UPS notice of something coming from DXE.  Had no idea what it was.  They sent me a DXE hat.  I hadn't ordered anything in some time but talk about reaching out to customers, current and former...wow.
AH7I

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2017, 03:15:11 AM »

I'm happy with MFJ after sales service. I had no problem obtaining a schematic for a $90 SMPS that was out of warranty. I was able to repair it with $3 in parts. The MFJ-1025 is reasonably well documented. I picked up a dead one at a good price and was able to fix it with $3 in parts. My MFJ-259 works great. I could not home brew for what I paid for a used one. I've read a lot of complaints about the battery holders. New Keystone brand set me back less than $5 for a pair. I always keep my eye out for broken MFJ stuff at a good price. I seldom see any!

73, -Bob ah7i/w4
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: