Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LIDO MOUNTS  (Read 118642 times)
KB4OIF

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2012, 12:38:52 PM »

OK.  Someone must be listening.  Got an email saying Lass Inc has sent me a package that will arrive in 1 to 3 days.  Tracking number for the USPS says it was not found.  Maybe tonight!!!!
K8DHH

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2012, 09:00:31 PM »

Looks like add my name to the list of those who wrongfully trusted Lido with their business, my impression is the only thing they do fast is cash your check or hit your plastic.
My input (Chat and email to "Jim")

Orders 4512176 and 4512185.  TOMORROW WILL BE THREE WEEKS SINCE I PLACED MY ORDERS AND AS
MY TWO REQUESTS FOR A STATUS FROM YOU HAVE GONE UNANSWERED I REQUEST TO CANCEL THESE ORDERS
AND HAVE MY CHARGE CARD REFUNDED. I AM SIMPLY TOO BUSY TO KEEP ASKING FOR A STATUS THAT
NEVER GETS ANSWERED AND YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY TOO BUSY TO ANSWER SO PLEASE REFUND MY CHARGE CARD
AND I WILL HAPPILY TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE. OBVIOUSLY I WAS INTERESTED IN YOUR PRODUCTS BUT
FRANKLY I DO NOT WISH TO DO BUSINESS WITH  A COMPANY THAT IGNORES REPEATED  REQUESTS FOR STATUS
ON ORDERS. I DO A FAIR AMOUNT OF ONLINE SHOPPING INCLUDING AMAZON, EBAY AND SMALLER VENDORS SUCH
AS YOURSELF TO THE AMOUNT OF $500-$1000/MONTH  AND AM HARD PRESSED TO RECALL EVER BEING SO IGNORED
BY ANYONE AS YOU HAVE IGNORED ME.  THANK YOU.
N3QD

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2012, 11:04:52 PM »

Add me too.  Same story as most on here.  I assumed that a ham radio company was trustworthy, and after I placed an order I stumbled on this site.  I placed my order on 23 Oct.  on 24 Oct I received the USPS electronic shipping information email.  I contacted Lido via phone, email, and chat asking the status of my order.  I never heard a reply.  I contacted them again on Monday and said that if they don't give me a status that I'll dispute the transaction.  Well, I did that today.  Fortunately, USAA is a fabulous bank and they are working to get my money back.  I also sent Lido a message requesting that they cancel my order and that I had disputed the transaction with my bank. 

A few people on here have mentioned that they placed orders with My Moto Mounts instead of Lido.  BE ADVISED they are owned by the same dishonest person!  So unless you want to get screwed don't order from either company.

Mike (NL3D)
KC2MLC

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2012, 01:20:38 PM »

Well...add me to "the list"...and I have learned to check out company's a little better in the future.  I order two mounts on Nov 6, 2012, jim@lidomounts accepted payment on Nov 7, and as of today...nothing.

Sent two messages and as of today...no response.

I have started the PayPal resolution process to recoup my $50.00

I am also surprised that any of the major supply houses offer these products.  I could have ordered from AES, HRO and probably others, and it surprises me that anyone would want to be involved with this product line.

I will see what happens...might be a $50.00 lesson...and I will post any outcome here as it evolves.

KC2MLC

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2012, 06:35:50 PM »

UPDATE - - - After starting the Paypal resolution process...I received a full refund for the mounts ordered.  Will now look elsewhere for mounting options.
TA2MZL

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2013, 04:36:27 AM »

Another bad history from me.

LIDO Mount is not sending my items and no any answer than May.

Please be careful and don't make any business with this company.

This company is fake!

73!

TA2MZL, Murat

N4DJJ

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2013, 02:21:58 PM »

Should have read the reviews....same story here, USPS number, watching mailbox..nuttin'..Have started a paypal resolution..we'll see. Only out 24 bucks, but its holding up an install...had to go to plan B. Angry
WR5G

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2013, 03:02:25 PM »

I am afraid that I am in the same boat as some of the other reviewers of this forum... Order a mount and finally received a shipment notification which has still not been updated...  All it states is "Electronic Notification" which in itself means that the item has not shipped... I probably just should have gone to HRO locally and bought the mount.   If Lido Mounts does not wish to do business with small customers then they should probably just become a wholesale only distributor and quit selling to the retail public.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2013, 07:42:13 AM »

Add me to the list. Ordered on 3-4-13. Posted on card on 3-4-13. I canceled the order by phone and email 2 days later when I found this thread. No package, email, or communication as of 3-15-13.  I disputed the charge and sent this link to the credit car company. If the package shows up, I would reverse the dispute and pay the charge.

The bottom line is this. He takes your money right away, and does not produce a product. Has non-existent customer service.

I think the next course of action is to send this to his state prosecutor.

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2013, 08:03:39 AM »

Here is a link to file a complain with the consumer fraud dept of California:

http://www.dca.ca.gov/online_services/complaints/consumer_complaint.shtml

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2013, 12:11:54 PM »

The Consumer Fraud division emailed me and told me to contact the California Attorney General's office and file a complaint at the link below:

California Department of Justice
Office of the Attorney General
Public Inquiry Unit
PO Box 944255
Sacramento, CA  94244-2550
Telephone: (916) 322-3360
Toll Free: (800) 952-5225 (CA only)
Web site: https://oag.ca.gov/

Please use the following link to file a complaint:
http://ag.ca.gov/contact/complaint_form.php?cmplt=CL
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2013, 02:36:17 PM »

Well, lookie here. It showed up after 3 weeks.
W1BTM

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2013, 02:43:34 PM »

My order with Lido mounts was made on 2/19/13. The next day I received a "your package has shipped" automated email, but the package didn't actually ship. On 2/25 I emailed sales@lidomounts.com a question about the LM-AD1, which I later figured out myself from KD2UJ's Lidomounts thread. I emailed Jim and Sales at Lido mounts on 3/4 asking about the status of my package and never heard back.

I received the package unexpectedly a month and a half after I ordered it on 4/4. The USPS tracking information confirmed that the shipping label was created on 2/20, but the package was not actually shipped until 4/1.

I would definitely not do business with Lidomounts again. If HRO has something in stock I wanted I would probably buy it, but purchasing directly from Arkon is the way to go. I've put information on how to make an LM-AD1 yourself from Arkon's parts in the other thread.

From reading these threads, this is clearly a chronic problem for Lidomounts that's been going on for many years.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2013, 05:22:03 PM »

hi,

glad you got the order, perhaps the CA DOJ put some
heat on Lido to get their act together.

Better to use arkon.com and avoid the disappointments with LIDO.

73 james
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2013, 06:14:51 PM »

hi,

glad you got the order, perhaps the CA DOJ put some
heat on Lido to get their act together.

Better to use arkon.com and avoid the disappointments with LIDO.

73 james

Funny, but I got my package about 1 weeks after I filed a complaint with the CA DOJ, in which I reference this thread.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: